The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
see no problem with it tbh
I would say that it is better to end the relationship. You're both not in the same place, so you're better off separate.
Reply 3
nothing wrong with that, sex is an important part of a relationship
Reply 4
I actually agree, although expect some nasty responses.
It's "wrong" simply because it's superficial.
Reply 6
It's just about the best reason there can be.
Reply 7
better to put her out of her misery.

Although generally relationships aren't all about sex
Reply 8
To be honest, if a girl broke up with a guy because he didn't want to have sex everyone would back her, yet when it's the other way round the guy is suddenly a nasty piece of scum.
Reply 9
Sounds like a horrible thing to do but when you think about it, it's better to do that than a. String her along or b. Cheat on her. I won't lie, if I was dumped for that I'd be really hurt because the guy doesn't care enough to wait but there's little way around it. I think it's only really wrong if it's after a really short amount of time, like less than a week. Not saying there's anything wrong with having sex straight away but if you can't wait a week, you need a spine.
Reply 10
Depends entirely on the context.
Is it for religious reasons? A traumatic experience? Fear of the risks of intercourse? Nervousness? Or does she not know you well enough yet? Or personal values?
There is no universal answer. Best to communicate properly with each other & decide on the best course of action. Every situation is unique. Some of the answers on this thread are shockingly shallow tbh
Reply 11
Because we like to think we're better than other animals, so it's not just about sex.

Although tbh sometimes people are not ready for sex and if they're partner is not willing to wait, the relationship isn't going to last.
Reply 12
Clearly if you're in a happy relationship it seems fairly heartless to do so, but if you're more bothered about sex than the relationship then it definitely seems like a good idea so long as you're happier for it
Reply 13
Original post by rasberyl
Because we like to think we're better than other animals, so it's not just about sex.

Although tbh sometimes people are not ready for sex and if they're partner is not willing to wait, the relationship isn't going to last.

Would you ever have an ONS?
Reply 14
Original post by geoking
Would you ever have an ONS?

Why?

And the answer is I can't see myself having one...
Reply 15
Why?

And the answer is I can't see myself having one...

Because people like to say they are better than animals, yet go and have ONS' which is in contradiction to that statement.
It's not wrong. It's just superficial. Both would be better off if you dump her for not "putting out". Especially her.
Reply 17
Original post by geoking
Because people like to say they are better than animals, yet go and have ONS' which is in contradiction to that statement.

I said we like to think that, not saying it's true.
You really are a bellend, bob (sorry I just had to say that)
Reply 19
I said we like to think that, not saying it's true.

Oh I know, just making sure you weren't one of those people :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending