The Student Room Group

Nintendo Wii U Society

Scroll to see replies

Mario Kart 8 DLC announced!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/26/mario-kart-8-dlc-revealed-zelda-animal-crossing-and-f-zero-confirmed-4846932/

Very surprised about Link - not surprised they've added a third Mario/Peach given they came up with the initial roster in the first place. The second leak is more interesting (Dry Bowser!) and fixes one of the major issues I had with the game. £11 is a bit steep to finally make the character roster passable though.
Original post by DJMayes
Mario Kart 8 DLC announced!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/26/mario-kart-8-dlc-revealed-zelda-animal-crossing-and-f-zero-confirmed-4846932/

Very surprised about Link - not surprised they've added a third Mario/Peach given they came up with the initial roster in the first place. The second leak is more interesting (Dry Bowser!) and fixes one of the major issues I had with the game. £11 is a bit steep to finally make the character roster passable though.

£11 doesn't sound bad when you get another 16 tracks over the two DLC packs as well though!
Decided to head on after not playing for a month. The lobbies are pretty competitive atm. A lot of high level players. I guess they wanted to play the DLC straight away.
£11 for an extra 16 tracks, 8 karts, and 6 characters as well as a bonus of the multicoloured yoshis and shy guys. I can't wait.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
£11 for an extra 16 tracks, 8 karts, and 6 characters as well as a bonus of the multicoloured yoshis and shy guys. I can't wait.

I already got myself the Shy Guys and Yoshis :biggrin: cant wait till November XD
Can't wait, so excited!
Reply 566
Mario Kart 8 has added a long-awaited stats screen. I'm pretty proud of mine...

Care to share yours and compare?
Original post by HZT

I will upload mine when I'm next on it, by that I mean tomorrow my win/loss is like 1000/600
Original post by HZT

Favourite character is Daisy? I've seen it all now! :tongue:

Also I presume the wins are the online wins? Pas I'm currently on 75 wins and 24 losses. I'm pretty happy with my coin count so far (more so as I have not been on MK8 in a while, been busy with Trine 2!) as I have just over 6000 coins.
Original post by Robbo-92
Favourite character is Daisy? I've seen it all now! :tongue:

Also I presume the wins are the online wins? Pas I'm currently on 75 wins and 24 losses. I'm pretty happy with my coin count so far (more so as I have not been on MK8 in a while, been busy with Trine 2!) as I have just over 6000 coins.

How do you have so many coins, I've done everything in single player and around 1000 wins... I have 3.7k coins :cry2:
Original post by JordanS94
How do you have so many coins, I've done everything in single player and around 1000 wins... I have 3.7k coins :cry2:

He probably TT's a lot.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I play local multiplayer a fair bit and the vs mode a lot as well, still got loads to go before I finally get the gold glider though.
Original post by NathanW18
He probably TT's a lot.

Spoiler

Maybe, I don't play it that much I only completed them once except sweet sweet canyon until I took my time under 2 minutes.

My stats after today:

Spoiler

Reply 573
Hey guys, I'm the new manager for the Nintendo society, it was inactive for years but I'm hoping to get it going again!

With Smash 4 and Hyrule warriors coming our way, the Wii U will be making a huge comeback :wink:

If anyone would like to join the TSR Nintendo society, visit our group page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1296

I'll be updating it starting tomorrow!

edit: thanks Illusionary
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Byakko
Hey guys, I'm the new manager for the Nintendo society, it was inactive for years but I'm hoping to get it going again!

With Smash 4 and Hyrule warriors coming our way, the Wii U will be making a huge comeback :wink:

If anyone would like an invite to the TSR Nintendo society, let me know. I'll be updating it starting tomorrow!

There shouldn't be any need for invites :nah: There's a "join" button on the group homepage that people can use.

Social groups on TSR don't really do a huge amount, but I'd suggest that you could associate this thread and the 3DS thread with the group so that they're shown on its homepage.
Reply 575
Original post by Illusionary
There shouldn't be any need for invites :nah: There's a "join" button on the group homepage that people can use.

Social groups on TSR don't really do a huge amount, but I'd suggest that you could associate this thread and the 3DS thread with the group so that they're shown on its homepage.

thankies, editted it now and also associated the thread.
It sounds like Nintendo is done with "casual games".

Shigeru Miyamoto-

[These are] the sort of people who, for example, might want to watch a movie. They might want to go to Disneyland

Their attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ It’s kind of a passive attitude they’re taking, and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing. They do not know how interesting it is if you move one step further and try to challenge yourself [with more advanced games].

In the days of DS and Wii, Nintendo tried its best to expand the gaming population.

Fortunately, because of the spread of smart devices, people take games for granted now. It’s a good thing for us, because we do not have to worry about making games something that are relevant to general people’s daily lives."

They have obviously now realised that the audience from Wii is long gone.
Good to hear that Nintendo are trying to cater for the more serious gamers from now on, the huge casual group of gamers the Wii had wasn't really going to last, casual gamers seem to much prefer the pick up and play style of games on tablets etc. I really do hope that from the next generation of consoles that Nintendo can compete with Sonys and Microsofts offerings in terms of power (so the Nintendo only gamers don't miss out on major third party titles such as Destiny, Assassins Creed etc) but are still able to add that little bit extra to the gaming community like Nintendo are currently doing with the Wii U gamepad which if implemented properly does add to the overall experience.

Also some other interesting news to share, Nintendo have released the demographic of Nintendo eShop users, if the results are an accurate reflection of the Wii U user base it's kind of surprising given that a lot of hate for Nintendo is because so many people perceive the Wii U and Nintendo to be a much more child friendly brand.
Anyway, here's the link if you wanted to see the full results.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/28/nintendo-reveals-demographics-of-wii-u-eshop-users-males-account-for-93-and-females-only-7/
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
It sounds like Nintendo is done with "casual games".

Shigeru Miyamoto-

They have obviously now realised that the audience from Wii is long gone.

A pathetic thing? That's pretty harsh. Unless the translation is incorrect? Doesn't sound like something a higher up would say about part of their player base.

Either way, it's a good thing. Nintendo need a more powerful console and to win back some of the more hardcore gamers.
Reply 579
Hey everyone. I'm posting on here for the first time so I mainly wanted to say hello :smile:

The news that Nintendo could cater to more serious gamers from now on is very welcome news, in my opinion. This "next step" for them is clearly something they've already dabbled in (The "For Glory" match mode that the new Smash will have? Unless Brawl had that. Iunno, I didn't own a Wii)

I'd certainly like to see Nintendo use this approach not just with games with an already prevalent comp community, like Smash or Pokemon, but with other big titles and new IPs

Anywho, could I just mention how blow completely away I was when I played 3D World earlier this year? Granted, the game has problems when playing it with 4 players, but aside form that, it's a fantastically well put together, beautiful-looking game. I never knew the Wii-U as capable of producing such amazing visuals (I know its also partially down to the art style, but hey)

Quick Reply

Latest