The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love annoying this guy! I'd definitely do it to him!
Original post by RollerBall
Okay, how long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost a year. I still don't understand why I'm being called clingy. Does everyone else never talk to their partners or something? I had barely talked to him all week and then he was just gone. I don't care if he doesn't contact me much when he's out there, obviously he'll be wanting to relax and not worrying about his phone but surely a quick call last night wouldn't have been too much to ask? I'm not paranoid about him cheating, it's not about that, it's just about his attitude towards me, as if I'm not really important enough to make an effort for.
But holidays are meant to be a break from the stresses of everyday life. It's a time when you don't have to acknowledge annoying bosses, nagging co-workers, bills and responsibilities, gossip merchants, nosy friends, clingy girlfriends and things of that nature. Leave him be.

If he wants to take a break from everything -including you- that's his prerogative.
To be honest, I'd be pretty pissed if my boyfriend didn't bother saying goodbye before disappearing off on holiday for two weeks, which has sod all to do with whether or not I trust him, moreso with the fact it's common courtesy if he'd promised he would - repeatedly, according to OP - beforehand.
Haven't read any replies but you seem a bit clingy? Would give him a bit of space to breathe
Original post by silverbolt
hardly difficult to not expect be the exact epicentre of everything he does.

Except she isn't, at all. She doesn't expect constant contact, maybe a 2 minute phone call before they don't speak for 2 weeks and after they haven't spoken much in the last week.
Original post by Anonymous
Almost a year. I still don't understand why I'm being called clingy. Does everyone else never talk to their partners or something? I had barely talked to him all week and then he was just gone. I don't care if he doesn't contact me much when he's out there, obviously he'll be wanting to relax and not worrying about his phone but surely a quick call last night wouldn't have been too much to ask? I'm not paranoid about him cheating, it's not about that, it's just about his attitude towards me, as if I'm not really important enough to make an effort for.

I don't think you are, but if anything, it's probably this bit that made you sound it:
"I'm so confused and anxious about it. I don't like to think I won't know what's going on for another 2 weeks."
I would say packing and getting ready can end up taking longer than you think. I mean you already know he's going, you're not seeing him in person....I'll be honest and say I don't quite get the logic of NEEDING him to ring you for two minutes to say "bye bye" when you already know he's going on holiday and I assume you've spoken this week. Personally I'd have just kept it to texts, or if my GF expected it, probably tell her to stick her phone on silent and I'd leave some voicemail while at the airport. I mean I assume he'll be able to send you the odd message about what he's gotten up to on holiday, if not one or two short calls.

Also...you won't know what's going on for two weeks, OH HEAVENS NO?! He's going on holiday for his family, jeez. Anyway will be not send any sort of updates at all, even via Facebook messaging or skype or something?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Lmao
Original post by IanDangerously
But holidays are meant to be a break from the stresses of everyday life. It's a time when you don't have to acknowledge annoying bosses, nagging co-workers, bills and responsibilities, gossip merchants, nosy friends, clingy girlfriends and things of that nature. Leave him be.

If he wants to take a break from everything -including you- that's his prerogative.

She isn't asking for acknowledgement during the holiday, just a goodbye before he left - she accepts that he should relax etc, there.
However, personally if my boyfriend viewed me as a stress to be glad to get away from I wouldn't pursue that relationship.
Original post by joey11223
I would say packing and getting ready can end up taking longer than you think. I mean you already know he's going, you're not seeing him in person....I'll be honest and say I don't quite get the logic of NEEDING him to ring you for two minutes to say "bye bye" when you already know he's going on holiday and I assume you've spoken this week. Personally I'd have just kept it to texts, or if my GF expected it, probably tell her to stick her phone on silent and I'd leave some voicemail while at the airport. I mean I assume he'll be able to send you the odd message about what he's gotten up to on holiday, if not one or two short calls.

That's the point, we have barely spoken all week. We talked for about 10 minutes the other day and since then we've maybe texted 3 or 4 times. He didn't even text me till I messaged him last night. No message saying he was at the airport, nothing. I just worry when it comes to flying and I'd just like to know he was safe that's all.
That's the point, we have barely spoken all week. We talked for about 10 minutes the other day and since then we've maybe texted 3 or 4 times. He didn't even text me till I messaged him last night. No message saying he was at the airport, nothing. I just worry when it comes to flying and I'd just like to know he was safe that's all.

Alright he could be more courteous I'll give you that, I do text quite a lot. Though your fears are your issue not his, I'm sure he's not worrying about flying and I'm sure he's safe, I would expect a text the day or the day after he arrived though tbf.
Original post by joey11223
Alright he could be more courteous I'll give you that, I do text quite a lot. Though your fears are your issue not his, I'm sure he's not worrying about flying and I'm sure he's safe, I would expect a text the day or the day after he arrived though tbf.

Well he would have arrived around midday today, but I'm not sure he even has a phone with him so not sure how he'd contact me anyway. Just gonna have to wait and see.
lets be real serious here. It means he doesn't like you that much. If he was madly in love with you he'd probably say good bye. In this case he probably finds it a nuisance to contact you.

I generally don't get a girlfriend just for the sake of it and actually always liked my gfs very much so if it were me I'd atleast let them know before hand I'm probably not calling them for the next 2 weeks cus of no wifi/wanting to save money.

Assuming he hasn't mentioned the holiday and that he's not contacting you previously when he's had plenty of time lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry OP but my advice is the same as some of the other advice here, relax! You are a grown up, not seeing someone much for a week is not a big deal, and he is only going away for a fortnight! I know when I'm going away its all last minute and I do everything in the last week, and as for the day/night before if I have an early flight there is no thought about phoning and texting people. I'm sorry but it does sound a bit clingy/needy, and maybe thats just the way you worded your post rather than who you are.
Well he would have arrived around midday today, but I'm not sure he even has a phone with him so not sure how he'd contact me anyway. Just gonna have to wait and see.

Woah he's not taking his phone?
lol at everyone trolling the op with clingy comments
Original post by silverbolt
oh leave him be. He was busy packing and looking forward to his holiday with his family.

And just because you have to message him all the time during your holiday doesnt mean he has to.

I think you'll live

:unimpressed: Men. :mad:

ANYway, OP:

It is horrible that he knew he'd be going away for a long time and didn't even bother to speak to you before he left or pop in just to say hey. But he did say there's no wifi :s-smilie:
Original post by ChickenMadness
lets be real serious here. It means he doesn't like you that much. If he was madly in love with you he'd probably say good bye. In this case he probably finds it a nuisance to contact you.

I generally don't get a girlfriend just for the sake of it and actually always liked my gfs very much so if it were me I'd atleast let them know before hand I'm probably not calling them for the next 2 weeks cus of no wifi/wanting to save money.

Assuming he hasn't mentioned the holiday and that he's not contacting you previously when he's had plenty of time lol.

I didn't wanna say......lol
Reply 39
Rest assured if he had wanted sex he would have called!
Sounds like he is not that into you. Dump him, before he dumps you. Sounds like a tit.

Latest

Trending

Trending