The Student Room Group

How long between interview/medical stage? RAF

Hi all,

Im applying with the RAF and just wondering when you should be given a medical date after the interview? I had my interview 2 weeks ago and they said the medical would be within 4 weeks of the interview but I haven't heard anything about a date! I've tried to call and said they would call me back but never did, also sent an email.. Just curious as all the other stages were relatively quick to each other.

Thanks!
Reply 1
patience is the game!

Give it some time, and then call the AFCO again. All applications take different lengths of time, some get their dates the next day, some it takes a few weeks.

Also, the medical stage can take an age if you don't pass first time. You're gonna need some patience with it!
Reply 2
I got my medical date a week after passing my interview and it was for a month after my interview. Failed it first time and have been waiting 5 weeks so far to get my new medical date.

All just a waiting game really
Reply 3
When I was applying for the RAF back in August they gave me all the provisional dates at the AST. The interview was the 27th of August and the Medical was the 5th of September (which I failed due to being CP4 :angry:)
Reply 4
Thanks for replies all, will give it bit longer! Out of interest if you failed the medical because I suspect I am CP3/4 and they offer you another role that allows CP3/4, do you have to wait for a whole new medical date again or go straight to the fitness?

Quick Reply

Latest