The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer last week
International student 41P IB.
Torn between Warwick and queen Mary. Still confused as to who is better.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Has anybody here applied to study Law with a scientific background?
I applied to study law with a year abroad in English at Warwick, sent my application off on the 13th October and still no news, I feel like they are definitely going to reject me any time soon:frown:
I got an offer for Law and Sociology and sent my UCAS off middle of december.Im waiting on the reply for LLB Law now

Im also torn between Warwick and Queen Mary
Got a conditional offer for the standard 3 year Law program!

I follow the US curriculum, and need 5,5 which is roughly equivalent to A,A I believe in A Level. I've had previous qualifications though.

Hope everyone else here hears soon!
Original post by justchloeh
Has anybody here applied to study Law with a scientific background?

I study Chemistry, Maths & Psychology :smile: received an offer about 3 weeks after sending off my application
Original post by littup96
I study Chemistry, Maths & Psychology :smile: received an offer about 3 weeks after sending off my application

Hi. Well done on your offer! I study Chemistry, Maths and Biology :smile: Sent off a couple of weeks ago and currently awaiting a response. Is Warwick your first choice?
Original post by justchloeh
Hi. Well done on your offer! I study Chemistry, Maths and Biology :smile: Sent off a couple of weeks ago and currently awaiting a response. Is Warwick your first choice?

Thank you, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon! :smile: I'm currently trying to decide whether to firm Bristol or Warwick :smile:
Has anyone who applied for the 4 year LLB Heard anything yet?? I sent my application off on 10th October and haven't heard anything yet
Hey everyone! I'm a first year law student at Warwick (3 year LLB) and I'll happily answer any questions you might have :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by 07fruitcake
Hey everyone! I'm a first year law student at Warwick (3 year LLB) and I'll happily answer any questions you might have :smile:

- Is it normal to wait this long for an offer when everyone else has one?

- What's the course like?
- Is Warwick law respected over universities like UCL, Durham etc

:smile:
Original post by 105263
- Is it normal to wait this long for an offer when everyone else has one?

- What's the course like?
- Is Warwick law respected over universities like UCL, Durham etc

:smile:

It is completely normal, a huge amount of people actually got their offers in February/March last year (myself included), so don't worry! You won't be the only one :smile:

The course is good so far, you might feel a bit overwhelmed at first but you will settle in after a couple of weeks. Warwick teaches the law in context, rather than black letter law, which is really helpful. It's also made even better by some of the lecturers (Paul Raffield is brilliant). Obviously there will be some aspects of the course that you will enjoy/understand more than others, but if you try to do the required reading before lectures then this will be very beneficial!

I'd say that Warwick is highly respected, a few may place UCL slightly above Warwick, but it is actually targeted by a lot of firms and has fantastic graduate prospects :smile:

Hi, I applied to study the 4 year law course with a year abroad in English:smile: I applied on the 13th of October and heard nothing since:/ is it just as likely they'll reject me as giving me an offer:/? Also do you know if this course is more competitive than the normal 3 year LLB course? Thanks:smile:
Original post by lilypark_
Hi, I applied to study the 4 year law course with a year abroad in English:smile: I applied on the 13th of October and heard nothing since:/ is it just as likely they'll reject me as giving me an offer:/? Also do you know if this course is more competitive than the normal 3 year LLB course? Thanks:smile:

It all depends on your application but Warwick generally leave the bulk of offers until after January, so it doesn't mean you won't get an offer because it's taking a while :smile: I'm sure you have a very good chance if your grades and personal statement are strong! The 4 year is a lot more competitive, but the majority of people who don't get an offer for that course do get an offer for the 3 year instead :smile: Good luck :tongue:

Hey! If you don't mind me asking...what was the conditional offer you received for warwick law? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It all depends on your application but Warwick generally leave the bulk of offers until after January, so it doesn't mean you won't get an offer because it's taking a while :smile: I'm sure you have a very good chance if your grades and personal statement are strong! The 4 year is a lot more competitive, but the majority of people who don't get an offer for that course do get an offer for the 3 year instead :smile: Good luck :tongue:

So, if you apply for the four year course...it is likely that if you don't get into that, you will get into the 3 year course? Without applying to the 3 year course directly? Or do you have to apply for both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dariaandahsfan
Hey! If you don't mind me asking...what was the conditional offer you received for warwick law? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! It was AAA :smile:

Original post by Dariaandahsfan
So, if you apply for the four year course...it is likely that if you don't get into that, you will get into the 3 year course? Without applying to the 3 year course directly? Or do you have to apply for both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is quite likely they would make you an offer for the 3 year course if you didn't get one for the 4 year, but unfortunately some people wouldn't get either because of the competitiveness! You would only have to apply for the 4 year :smile:
Original post by lilypark_

I applied in October too- bored of waiting now😴
Original post by elmward1996
I applied in October too- bored of waiting now😴

Me too, they're my first choice:/ I hope they don't reject me after making me wait all this time
Hi! It was AAA :smile:

It is quite likely they would make you an offer for the 3 year course if you didn't get one for the 4 year, but unfortunately some people wouldn't get either because of the competitiveness! You would only have to apply for the 4 year :smile:

Thank you for all the information :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest