The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2320
Received a Durham referal email today! In complete shock because I thought the email they sent out after the rejection on ucas was standard.

I've applied for Sociology and just hoping it isn't going to be full already.

...hopefully this time I won't have to wait 4 months :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Age
Received a Durham referal email today! In complete shock because I thought the email they sent out after the rejection on ucas was standard.

Hooray! Good luck x
Original post by Age

Congrats!No matter how much you have been waiting,it was worth it.
You will get the offer soon, they wouldn't have sent the email otherwise.
Reply 2323
Original post by trubadur
Congrats!No matter how much you have been waiting,it was worth it.
You will get the offer soon, they wouldn't have sent the email otherwise.

Thank you so much!
Do you or anoyne else in the thread know whether sociology is a respected degree?
Original post by Age
Thank you so much!
Do you or anoyne else in the thread know whether sociology is a respected degree?

You are welcome and good luck with your application:yy:
For sure Sociology is highly respected.I just checked and Durham is UK 3rd in the CUG league table:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Sociology
Still waiting for Maths...? If you are this late are you unlikely to get your first choice college (St Marys). Also what time of day do offers come through..? And do they come through on weekends?!
I've applied to Kings and Royal Holloway for BA Geography. I saw the Health and Human Science course at Durham, however I really wanted to pursue a Geography career - so I thought the BA would be more beneficial. Now I am really regretting not putting Durham. :-( Do you think I should take a gap year and reapply or maybe decline all my choices and apply through Extra. I don't know what to do!
Original post by lizmoo0721
I've applied to Kings and Royal Holloway for BA Geography. I saw the Health and Human Science course at Durham, however I really wanted to pursue a Geography career - so I thought the BA would be more beneficial. Now I am really regretting not putting Durham. :-( Do you think I should take a gap year and reapply or maybe decline all my choices and apply through Extra. I don't know what to do!

Do what you want to do, not what you think you should do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJ1997defy
Still waiting for Maths...? If you are this late are you unlikely to get your first choice college (St Marys). Also what time of day do offers come through..? And do they come through on weekends?!

I'm not sure on your other questions but my offer (through Ucas) came on a Saturday afternoon so it could be any time! Good luck
Dear Friends, Looking forward to do MBA from University of Durham in Sept 2015,
I hope u could guide me regarding accomodation,
Which accomodation shall be fine for me when it comes about MBA students at University of Durham ?
Has anyone heard for BA Anthropology yet?
Reply 2331
Anyone know the open/offers holders day dates yet?
Hi everyone, just received my offer for Ancient History at Durham, asking for AAA. Dunno how to feel, as I initially applied for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History. My other 4 offers are all 'History' so i'm not sure what to do. I really need to look into the courses more. Relieved I have heard back from all 5 now.
Just received a conditional offer from Durham university for Law!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Macdb19
Just received a conditional offer from Durham university for Law!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations - you will love it here!
I'm going to the Monday/Tuesday post application open day at St Chad's and it says on the open day guide that there is a formal dinner. It says girls should wear a "dress, skirt or trousers and blouse". Does anyone know whether they mean a business style/office outfit or a dress up/party outfit?
Reply 2336
Original post by bethblur
Hi everyone, just received my offer for Ancient History at Durham, asking for AAA. Dunno how to feel, as I initially applied for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History. My other 4 offers are all 'History' so i'm not sure what to do. I really need to look into the courses more. Relieved I have heard back from all 5 now.

Well done! Where are your other offers from? I would definately look into the courses more and visit the unis again to see which one will be best for you
Reply 2337
Original post by trubadur
You are welcome and good luck with your application:yy:
For sure Sociology is highly respected.I just checked and Durham is UK 3rd in the CUG league table:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Sociology

Wow that looks great, I'm just going to wait and see if I get the offer now :smile:
Original post by Age
Well done! Where are your other offers from? I would definately look into the courses more and visit the unis again to see which one will be best for you

Thank you very much! My offers are:

Kings College London - History (AAA)
Durham - Ancient History (AAA)
York - History (AAA)
Sussex - History (Uncond if firm, AAB if insurance)
Queens Belfast - History (ABB)

My firm would be between York and Durham, and I think my insurance will be Queens. Kings offers an amazing course, but I think it'd be a little bit too expensive for me, and the networking wouldn't benefit me as much, as I am considering teaching or something along those lines.

So i'm pretty much stuck between History at York and Ancient History at Durham. I love both courses and universities. Visiting York next weekend, and Durham when they tell me what college I've been allocated to.
just firmed Durham for Physics. Always intended to, but since my offer is unconditional wanted to wait to see if I'd get a St Andrews offer. I did... but I firmed Durham! So see y'all in Chads in October :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest