The Student Room Group

I'm on 600 calories a day and didnt lose any weight last week!

Scroll to see replies

600 cals smh, best of luck with your muscle loss and eating disorder goals of 2015 opie
Reply 21
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Most days of the week I only eat a bag of crisps and a small chocolate bar for lunch, and then have a basic dinner like chicken with veg. I also eat maybe 3-4 biscuits a day (this contributes at least 200 calories to the 600).

I weigh 12st 7lbs and didn't lose a single lb last week despite my diet and going for a 30 minute every day.

Have I missed the point of dieting?

Why did I not lose anything?

I'm no nutritionist but from what I know, if you under eat your body holds onto fat cells. Therefore lean tissue goes first. To loose weight, and to loose weight correctly and so that you don't put it back on (and more) you need to eat a really healthy diet of fruit, veg, good fats, protein etc Just a balance of everything colourful and natural. Keep to 1500 calories a day and do some exercise. You should only be loosing around a 1lb a week.:smile:
Original post by DorianGrayism
The Crisp is 200 calories alone. Once you add the dinner and Chocolates, it can easily bring it up over 600.

Also, it has only been one week. There is the issue of water retention and etc. If you are drinking vast amounts of water, the weight loss may not be that drastic.

Having said that, you should be losing weight on 1200 calories.

That's why I am worried. I should be losing weight. I have lost 1st 3lbs since January 1st.

However, I should have lost over 2st by now.

I cannot spend the whole year on a diet. I am craving a Big Mac.
Most days of the week I only eat a bag of crisps and a small chocolate bar for lunch, and then have a basic dinner like chicken with veg. I also eat maybe 3-4 biscuits a day (this contributes at least 200 calories to the 600).

I weigh 12st 7lbs and didn't lose a single lb last week despite my diet and going for a 30 minute every day.

Good lord! Don't be an idiot man.

I also have 1 2L bottle of Pepsi Max every day, which is probably keeping me alive at the moment.

You've answered your own question. Despite feeding its muscle your body is no doubt full of bloated crap.

Do you know how much fruit costs? I cannot afford £3 every time I want to eat a few strawberries.

I am halving the Pepsi from this week onwards.

Go to a market, dirt cheap.
It sounds like you don't really want to lose weight.

I eat healthily and spend about £15 a week on did for myself. Fruit is not expensive if you get stuff that's in season and grown in the UK. Strawberries will be expensive because at the moment they have to be imported. You can get bags of 5/6 spread, parts, oranges, bananas, plums etc for £1 in supermarkets.

Try this for a day

Breakfast: Omelete with 1 slice wholemeal toast, 1 piece fruit, 1 pint water

Snack: Carrot/ cucumber sticks

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and a little cheese if you want

Snack: Fruit

Tea: Chicken breast with salad. Use vinegar as a dressing if you're conscious of calories

Drink lots of water, lay off the fizzy sweets and junk food.

You need at least 1200 calories a day ideally, below this your body will store fat as it goes into starvation mode.

Go to the gym/ use youtube videos/ run for at least 30 mins 4 times a week.

If you're serious about losing weight and keeping it off you need to have a healthy lifestyle, not just follow a fad diet. That may sound harsh but at the moment you appear to just be making excuses. If you want to change you have to work for it.
Reply 25
I'm losing weight on 2000 calories a day....
Do you know how much fruit costs? I cannot afford £3 every time I want to eat a few strawberries.

I am halving the Pepsi from this week onwards.

I can't say I've had this problem. I shop in lidl and aldi and their fruit and veg isn't expensive.
You are in starvation mode, which will make you gain weight. You need a calorie deficit of approximately 500cal, so eat 1500 calories per day and more protein after exercise .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
You metabolism is officially dead! You've gone into sef-canibalism mode...
also opie you can get 4 granny smith apples for a quid in sainsburys, lol @ this "fruit is too expensive" nonsense

Stop eating so much under your TDEE, eat less but don't starve yourself as it's not a good weight to loss weight, instead eat 1600-1800 calories a day.
1. You're trolling.
2. You're eating more than 600 kcal a day.
If you want to lose weight, better cut out the chocolate and crisps lol. How can you live of 600 a day? At least make it a bit more diet realistic like between 1,100-1,500 calories. You need regular meals (healthy meals) and hit the gym even if it is for 30 minutes a day.
Reply 33
Troll. Really doubt anyone's moronic enough to only eat 600 unhealthy calories a day and think they'll lose weight.
Original post by *Stefan*
You metabolism is officially dead! You've gone into sef-canibalism mode...

LOL I do actually bite my fingers a lot nowadays. :s-smilie:
if you're serious that is the kind of level/food sources that anorexics typically eat and the reason they end up with heart arrhythmia, permanently ****ed insulin levels and osteoporosis during recovery etc.

Spoiler

If you're trolling this is in pretty bad taste (pun intended)
Original post by abc101
Troll. Really doubt anyone's moronic enough to only eat 600 unhealthy calories a day and think they'll lose weight.

What are you on about? Of course they'll lose weight, and they'll lose it really ****ing fast as well...
anything under 2000 calories is starvation according to the World health organization. You need to eat way more. Cut the fat out of your diet but eat alot and exercise.
Original post by trifleontoast
anything under 2000 calories is starvation according to the World health organization. You need to eat way more. Cut the fat out of your diet but eat alot and exercise.

Ahahahah well this is bull**** tbh. Petite inactive females probably don't even need 2k cals to sustain a healthy stable body weight....
Original post by In One Ear
What are you on about? Of course they'll lose weight, and they'll lose it really ****ing fast as well...

No they won't. Go do some work in your human biology

Quick Reply

Latest