The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Joiner
Is the social/nightlife side of LSE really that bad??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't go LSE.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I don't go LSE.

Then what did you mean by there being no university experience at LSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's its reputation

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I meant. It's not your steretypical university experience. It's very much a banker making factory.
Is computer science from Imperial considered strong for IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree with the whole 'not your typical uni experience'.

There's more 'drones' and hard workers at LSE than other unis, but if you want a good time, you'll find one.
Original post by Brubeckian
Is computer science from Imperial considered strong for IB?

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Simple answer is yes.

Original post by Abdul-Karim
LSE is the banker breeding ground. If you don't want a uni experience and just want a job as IB then sure LSE is perfect.

I'm unsure though, is the gain in prestige from LSE worth trading off a Durham social life? Is it too close to call or will one Uni just 'give me more'?
Original post by Audi
I'm unsure though, is the gain in prestige from LSE worth trading off a Durham social life? Is it too close to call or will one Uni just 'give me more'?

Dude, choose wherever you want based on your experiences and the courses.

The difference isn't so massive as to warrant a significant disadvantage. They are both solid unis.

It comes down to where you would honestly prefer spending your time and how well you jell with the other students.
Original post by Audi

go whichever uni you like
Original post by 1338
What would you say is better for IB between Bath for economics or Bristol for economics/economics and finance?
Also do you think it would be any more difficult to get into a front office job from either uni?

I'd go Bath and do an industrial placement.

They are on par recruiting wise but the placement edges bath a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSE was voted best uni for nightlife recently, albeit you have to pay way more for drinks etc than durham
Reply 9652
Original post by jchap9776
LSE was voted best uni for nightlife recently, albeit you have to pay way more for drinks etc than durham

LSE is London, where else could there possibly be a better nightlife (out of London)?
Reply 9655
Original post by newblood
LSE is London, where else could there possibly be a better nightlife (out of London)?

Manchester > London for nightlife. Plus you'd have to go out with people that go to LSE. What a barrel of laughs that would be.

Solid dead link bro.
Is Imperial better than LSE for quant/tech roles? How does it compare for FO positions?
Original post by Brubeckian
Is Imperial better than LSE for quant/tech roles? How does it compare for FO positions?

Considering Imperial is a tech uni and LSE is a social science uni - the former would be better.

FO chances are the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow
Manchester > London for nightlife. Plus you'd have to go out with people that go to LSE. What a barrel of laughs that would be.

Solid dead link bro.

On average theyre less nerdy than cambridge though, so i dont see where youre coming from - though yh out of the london unis LSEs probably full of too many neeks, but you go out with people in your social group..not everyone from your uni.

And naa, thats the good thing about London. I go out with my mates from different london unis together (e.g. City/UCL/Cass), so I dont see why LSE would be any different.

I dont see how Manchester is any better than London, london has the best clubs anywhere as well as other stuff
Original post by alow
Manchester > London for nightlife.

loled

Plus you'd have to go out with people that go to LSE. What a barrel of laughs that would be.

Yeah well when you're somebody that goes to LSE, that's a non factor. I'm a northerner and been to nights out in Sheffield, Notts, Leeds and Brum (Manchester soon) and they didn't compare to the nights out in London, including ones where I've been the only non-LSE person in an LSE group. The clubs are bigger and better, the girls are foreign and the people are rich, know how to live club properly. Latin Americans go crazy. The music is better, the general vibe is better. The clubs are insane, jacuzzis inside and free pills, best live acts in the country etc, and Fabric alone is excuse enough to say London has the best nightlife in the country.

Solid dead link bro.

Link works for me...

Latest

Trending

Trending