The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language - 2015 - how did we all find it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CandyCrush27
What did you write about?

About how terrible Lancaster is, and how people are horrible etc and then i said it shouldn't be classed as a city when its smaller than my home town, l i think i got abit carried away when i said i this underfunded city should be destroyed with a wrecking ball whoops ahhaah. i just hope the marker isn't from Lancaster o.o
Original post by Unknown2205
OHH THANK YOU :u: that's what i did but some of my friends said that you had to also write whether the wealthy young people should help the poor young people :curious:

No not really haha, and your welcome x
Original post by jordyweird
About how terrible Lancaster is, and how people are horrible etc and then i said it shouldn't be classed as a city when its smaller than my home town, l i think i got abit carried away when i said i this underfunded city should be destroyed with a wrecking ball whoops ahhaah. i just hope the marker isn't from Lancaster o.o

LOOOOL ahahah you legend LOOL
I found it difficult to identify any language features in that particular source to be honest, I only came up with Imagery, adjectives, there was alliteration but I didn't write it down because I had no clue how it effected the reader, I wrote something about how in source two when the writer said "Be careful and don't fall into the stinking sewage" something like that, I said how it made the reader imagine the smell or something, but I may be wrong, and the same in source three.

I feel the exact same way. I could only see a triplet source3 and 2 and maybe some adjecive? I feel so depressed. I made only 1point for q4 andrushed the rest. Ahhhhhgod
LOOOOL ahahah you legend LOOL

yeah I'm just a bit of a dick like that-.-
Original post by kathleenodonovan
I feel the exact same way. I could only see a triplet source3 and 2 and maybe some adjecive? I feel so depressed. I made only 1point for q4 andrushed the rest. Ahhhhhgod

FINALLY! and oh dear hahaha, I just kept on writing, you just needed to explore beyond the text to be honest, but if you ballsed this particular question (which i'm sure you haven't) up I'm sure your other questions\answer will cover for it.
yeah I'm just a bit of a dick like that-.-

I'm crying LOL, I can't believe you said that, but at least your expressed your opinion, it's all they want LOL, but oh my god I can't stop laughing ahahahah
I'm crying LOL, I can't believe you said that, but at least your expressed your opinion, it's all they want LOL, but oh my god I can't stop laughing ahahahah

I was told to be original and creative, i guess i was hahaha
I was told to be original and creative, i guess i was hahaha

LOL Fair enough
For q6 i wrote about people in general I was in too much of a rush to notice it was young people.
Also i wrote the word 'guilty' about 100 times.
FINALLY! and oh dear hahaha, I just kept on writing, you just needed to explore beyond the text to be honest, but if you ballsed this particular question (which i'm sure you haven't) up I'm sure your other questions\answer will cover for it.

God I just feel so bad. I gotan A in coursework. Hopefully that's helps. I have done well in the mocks before but this justwent crap. I really wanted an A. Don't think that is gonna happen now
I found evidence from the first and second article for question 2, will I still get marks for ma points on the first page because it said evidence from the rest of the article?
I missed Q3!! Should I be worried?
in my question six i swear i've used the word "guilty" a million times, i couldn't think of any other word
question 5 was good, question 4 ehhh. i could hardly find any language devices it sucked but i wrote quite a lot for the points i did get and went into depth so maybe that'll help
question 1 and 3 were fine but i struggled a bit with question 2. all the things i wrote about the image relating to the text are all probably rubbish
Original post by humblebirdie
I missed Q3!! Should I be worried?

it's only 8 marks so it should be alright
Could you use sentence structures in question 4? Cuz on another thread it said you couldn't which I didn't get cuz I used that most of the time!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 56
Did source 1 have a juxtaposition about child labour in Afghanistan and China?
in question six i had a repeated theme line throughout and anecdotes mirroring eachother. A fair range of punctuation and i got statistics, an expert opinion, alliteration and direct address in - i agree with it being really hard to tell. Section A for me went i think well and section B very hard to tell - made sure i got a 'perceptive engagement to my audience' as our school like to drill into us. I hope it went well - remember grade boundaries are never like 70/80 for an A* - More like 59/80 so dont worry about it, yous will have done great
Original post by 10me2234
Oh my lord thank you so much! What I wrote wasn't totally irrelevant. I was panicking so much. Phew

Dont panic lol it was to describe an experience and explain why it was memorable i think
Original post by Unknown2205
OHH THANK YOU :u: that's what i did but some of my friends said that you had to also write whether the wealthy young people should help the poor young people :curious:

It was young people take what they have for granted and should help people suffering in poor countires (or something like that) argue for or against this point so i argued for helping - that it would bring a sense of achievement and happiness

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending