The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Help!! Not allowed to change degree!

Hi I wanted to switch from sciences to chemical engineering, but I have been told now that Engineering is oversubscribed. I was told by students on the open day that a switch is possible. I am really stressed because I wanted to do chemical engineering
Reply 1
drop out and apply to chemical engineering or apply postgrad
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
But then I would have to wait an extra year
Original post by Rhink
drop out and apply to chemical engineering or apply postgrad
Reply 3
Original post by JIMBO789
But then I would have to wait an extra year

Yeah but then you can spend that day working in a related field, making your application stronger, you can travel, relax and come back fresh and ready to go. And imagine you live until 90 hating what you do because you didn't want to wait a year that would've made for a great experience anyway.

1 year of fun = 70 years of more fun
no gap year = forever depressed

you have one chance at life. the choice is yours tbh but if I were in your position I would drop out NOW.
Original post by JIMBO789
Hi I wanted to switch from sciences to chemical engineering, but I have been told now that Engineering is oversubscribed. I was told by students on the open day that a switch is possible. I am really stressed because I wanted to do chemical engineering

Never mind; you have learned three important and valuable lessons:

1. Don't pay attention to people who are not authoritative on the subject - admissions tutors know more about course switches than students.

2. Don't apply for one course if you really want to study another.

3. Mistakes and foolish decisions very often cause pain.

I can't see how anyone here can help you if your course tutors cannot. I wish you luck.
Reply 5
Thanks guys, applied through UCAS again. Considering my options more carefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending