The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Question

Hi,

I am writing my personal statement and i would like to know how to start it for example the introduction bit - what do i start by saying e.g "I am interested in
(my chosen course)

Thanks
That's a good thing to put in at first, before changing it. It's best to write the rest of the PS first before the intro :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by *Interrobang*
That's a good thing to put in at first, before changing it. It's best to write the rest of the PS first before the intro :smile:

What do you mean when you say it is best to write the rest of the personal statement before the intro?
Original post by Anton01
What do you mean when you say it is best to write the rest of the personal statement before the intro?

A lot of people find it difficult to write an engaging introduction but it's easier when you've already written the thing you're introducing. That doesn't mean it's bad if you write your intro first (I did), some people just find the other way round easier.
Original post by Anton01

Original post by Plagioclase
A lot of people find it difficult to write an engaging introduction but it's easier when you've already written the thing you're introducing. That doesn't mean it's bad if you write your intro first (I did), some people just find the other way round easier.

This :smile:

You will almost certainly change your intro based on what the rest of the PS says, so you can write it first if you want - but expect it to significantly change
Reply 5
Original post by *Interrobang*
This :smile:

You will almost certainly change your intro based on what the rest of the PS says, so you can write it first if you want - but expect it to significantly change

Ah ok, thanks for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending