The Student Room Group

Doing practical in London or Midlands?

I live in London but I'm at Leicester for University. I've just passed my theory and I'm stuck on where to take my lessons and test.

London is congested and cramped whilst in the Midlands it's quite spacious.
Then again, I have no idea what would be best

What do you think and why?

Thanks guys
it should not make a difference where you learn to drive or pass your test. if you are ready to pass your test you will pass.
Original post by georgeheal
it should not make a difference where you learn to drive or pass your test. if you are ready to pass your test you will pass.

Not really. It's like having two guys of equal physical ability running an obstacle course - one runs it distraction free, the other runs it with people poking him all the way through. The former is going to have an easier time and do better - the same applies to easier test routes vs notoriously complicated and trafficky ones like central London, which as a competent and pretty experienced driver I'd say is going to be difficult for a learner.

So yeah OP, I'd say make things easier on yourself and learn at uni, of course people pass in London but with all the nutters, traffic and a million lanes isn't ideally something to be dealing with while you're learning to drive.
Reply 3
Original post by WoodyMKC
Not really. It's like having two guys of equal physical ability running an obstacle course - one runs it distraction free, the other runs it with people poking him all the way through. The former is going to have an easier time and do better - the same applies to easier test routes vs notoriously complicated and trafficky ones like central London, which as a competent and pretty experienced driver I'd say is going to be difficult for a learner.

So yeah OP, I'd say make things easier on yourself and learn at uni, of course people pass in London but with all the nutters, traffic and a million lanes isn't ideally something to be dealing with while you're learning to drive.

Exactly what I was thinking tbh, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending