The Student Room Group

IM DONE

Is it still possible to get A/A*s for GCSE if I start revision now or have I left it too late? I feel like there's no point in starting now... PLEASE HELP and tell me there's plenty of time and those A/A*s are possible. I was unable to start in the start of the holidays as I believed I needed a break. And if so, how many hours should I do? the whole day? When should I start past papers?
Reply 1
Do not worry people i know haven't started either due to their coursework taking over all the revision time however if this is also the case for you then you need to stop and put the most important subjects first.

FIRST make a revision timetable depending on how may GCSE's you are doing your timetable will be different, i am studying 13 different GCSE's. I have made a weekend, weekday and half term timetable and spent more hours on the important subjects. I do 3 hours after school, 5-6 hours on the weekend (each day) and each day of the half term. HOWEVER this is going to increase further towards the exams.

Overall you need start making your timetable but dont spend too long on this, do as much as you possibly can (there is no point in doing 5 hours if its not effect ), and find out when you work best for example in the morning, afternoon or evening. Its not too late to get the A* but u need to start today :smile:

I also recommend looking at how many topics you have for each subject look at the date of the exams and check you will be able to cover all of them (you still can) and see how many times you will be able to cover it again, if you cant do this then you need to do more hours.
Of course you can! Just make sure your revision is effective and don't procrastinate too much! :smile:
Original post by RS012
Do not worry people i know haven't started either due to their coursework taking over all the revision time however if this is also the case for you then you need to stop and put the most important subjects first.

FIRST make a revision timetable depending on how may GCSE's you are doing your timetable will be different, i am studying 13 different GCSE's. I have made a weekend, weekday and half term timetable and spent more hours on the important subjects. I do 3 hours after school, 5-6 hours on the weekend (each day) and each day of the half term. HOWEVER this is going to increase further towards the exams.

Overall you need start making your timetable but dont spend too long on this, do as much as you possibly can (there is no point in doing 5 hours if its not effect ), and find out when you work best for example in the morning, afternoon or evening. Its not too late to get the A* but u need to start today :smile:

I also recommend looking at how many topics you have for each subject look at the date of the exams and check you will be able to cover all of them (you still can) and see how many times you will be able to cover it again, if you cant do this then you need to do more hours.

Thankyou sooooo much! its really comforting to know there's people like me who haven't started revising. I need to finish off my notes for my subjects first so if I finish that off this week or until mid next week, then do past papers up until the exams in may... would A*s still be possible? I also have to learn my notes which I think will take place the day before the exam...
Original post by caitlinford3
Of course you can! Just make sure your revision is effective and don't procrastinate too much! :smile:

Thankyouu! Its hard not to procrastinate! by dwelling on how many notes ive got to make discourages me from starting and I'm worried I'm not going to get any time for past papers.
Reply 5
Don't worry. If you haven't yet stared, you must start today, especially if your personal targets are so high. Easter is the best time to start. Make your timetable and get going. You could probably first test yourself with a past paper in each of your subject. That will give you a good hint on where you require the most work. Hope this helped.

Quick Reply

Latest