The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about GCSEs being in just over a month?

Scroll to see replies

Don't do that child!! What are you aiming to get??.
Original post by HeimIX
I made a revison TimeTable and everything, revision is going fine but I'm just scared ill forget everything at Exams, I got 3 A* 1A 5B's at mock exams, if i get that again I'm going to drink bleach. With results like that my life has no purpose.
My revision has not gone to plan at all and I am worried that I will not be able to cover all the content by writing notes, flashcards and essays before doing lots and lots of past papers.
Original post by Rachel000222
Thoughts, revision tips...

Can't wait!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Results day nightmares got me down 😭
Original post by rosiehannay
Same I actually cannot wait tbh :biggrin: The sooner they start, the sooner they finish right? I'm also looking forward to the extra time at home, the fact that we are allowed to come and go whenever we please which we aren't usually allowed to do and the free periods (in which me and my friends will order dominos pizza so all the younger years will be jealous while they're sat in lessons).

Haha, I quite fancy some pizza myself! Definitely agree on free time at home; I can't remember the last time I came home from school without being consumed with guilt if I didn't revise!
I am totally 100% calm about it being almost GCSE time.
pretty relaxed
27 exams, 5/6 untill they start. How do i feel? Fine. I'm well prepared
Original post by brainzistheword
Can't wait!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

You will, you're really hard working
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Same, I really want it to be over and done with tbh
I keep getting this weird feeling in my stomach everytime I imagine myself in that exam hall:dontknow:

ME TOO!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
Don't do that child!! What are you aiming to get??.

7A*'s, 2A's :frown:
i was feeling fine a few months ago but now i'm dreading it because i've done no revision at all and i can't seem to force myself to study either, it's like i've given up already yikes
Original post by tomriddle
i was feeling fine a few months ago but now i'm dreading it because i've done no revision at all and i can't seem to force myself to study either, it's like i've given up already yikes

stay motivated! :biggrin:
Original post by HeimIX
I made a revison TimeTable and everything, revision is going fine but I'm just scared ill forget everything at Exams, I got 3 A* 1A 5B's at mock exams, if i get that again I'm going to drink bleach. With results like that my life has no purpose.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

I achieved 4 A*s, 1 A, 3 Bs, 2 Cs and 2 Ds, at one of the worst performing schools in the country. I spent two years working, went back to college to do A levels (whilst I continued to work full-time) where I achieved 3 A*s, and now I am at one of the best law schools in the country.

Success is about ambition, determination and perseverance.

Don't get me wrong, G.C.S.Es set the foundation for what you go on to do, but by no means do they define it.

You will be fine. Do your revision - put the time in!
Original post by nisha.sri
I just want to get it done

Fancy seeing you here!! And me too
The foreseen mental breakdowns have started for me..
Original post by grace143
Fancy seeing you here!! And me too

Haha yeh ?!
So. Stressed.
i think i should have started sooner.......
Weirdly enough, I haven't felt like nervous and super worried yet. I guess I'm looking forward to it. The sooner it happens, the sooner it finishes I guess!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest