The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
Perhaps you can tell me the incidence of fornication and adultery that is caused by handshakes between schoolteachers and their pupils in Switzerland?

It's nothing sexual in this case because they're children but the basic teaching is something Muslim parents would want to prevent. Same as in Muslim schools the girls are wearing hijab and in unisex classes, not for sexual reasons but as a good foundation in ways they will be benefitted when they are adults.
Reply 61
I don't think you understand Western values. Western values say we shouldn't force people to do what we want them to do unless they are given due process of law decided by representatives.

Allowing a few Muslims not to shake a woman's hand? I believe it's called freedom of religion?
Original post by HAnwar
Agreed
I would have done the same :smile:

Then you should be thrown out of Europe and remain in Saudi Arabia, where women are treated with respect by preventing them their basic human rights.
Original post by BaconandSauce
we are westerners
We are the workers who pay for your education and pay for your health care through our taxes

And?? We pay taxes too!!:colonhash:
What a nasty disgrace. Muslims will often say Islam respects women then you have a few insane rules like these that clearly imply women are sexual pieces of meat not to be touched, presumably for fear of arousing lust and orgies. The day Islam grows up and drags itself out of the 7th century will be a happy day indeed.
Original post by digistar_100
That is precisely the reason! Mans natural tendency is to admire and lust at the beauty of woman. If a married man sees a beautiful woman and starts to develop feelings for her based on her appearance, then gets to feel her hands in a pointless handshake, will the shaytaan not be tempting him more and more to commit adultary? To prevent this, is why Allah swt has given both men and women the hijab, physical modesty and mental strength to keep your gaze down. Its the reason why in Islamic countries the divorce and remarry rate is low and families and children are happy.

All I can say to you in reply is that the men in Islamic countries are a pretty shabby bunch of ne'er-do-well buggers who deserve the desert, the flies and the heat.

Mental strength! The hijab and all these silly rules are all about control. Keep the men in a permanent state of arousal from lusting after women they can hardly see (and who are deliberately sexualised by the clothes they wear and the confinement they are kept in), tell them that death in battle will get them sexual experience that much sooner and you have a willing army who will be happy to die and get endless sex in paradise.
Most of them who say their backward views on here normally play the victim card.
Original post by QE2
Asturias?

Yep. you been there too or just searched it up?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FluffyCherry

Doesn't mean you go by Western customs.

And

you can't keep biting the hand that feeds you
Original post by Petulance
Then you should be thrown out of Europe and remain in Saudi Arabia, where women are treated with respect by preventing them their basic human rights.

Who on earth are you tell us where to live?? Once again, mind your own business!! If you got a problem with that then go deal with it!:colonhash:
Reply 71
Kudos to them :congrats:, moving to a western country DOES NOT mean you should follow western values, especially if it goes against our religion.
So you respect the rights of non-Muslims to eat a hot dog and drink a beer whilst seeing the sights of Mecca?
Original post by Virgili
I don't think you understand Western values. Western values say we shouldn't force people to do what we want them to do unless they are given due process of law decided by representatives.

Allowing a few Muslims not to shake a woman's hand? I believe it's called freedom of religion?

No, it's called folly. Islam does not forbid shaking hands between men and women - it happens all the time.
All I can say to you in reply is that the men in Islamic countries are a pretty shabby bunch of ne'er-do-well buggers who deserve the desert, the flies and the heat.

Mental strength! The hijab and all these silly rules are all about control. Keep the men in a permanent state of arousal from lusting after women they can hardly see (and who are deliberately sexualised by the clothes they wear and the confinement they are kept in), tell them that death in battle will get them sexual experience that much sooner and you have a willing army who will be happy to die and get endless sex in paradise.

Yes ignore and dismiss the actual reasoning I gave and go on a rant about your hatred for a way of life alien to yours. Superb.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Doesn't mean you go by Western customs.

So??
I do whatever I want, and that's clearly none of your business!!
Reply 75
Original post by digistar_100
All good in theory but if not doing something necessary to prevent something more sinister such as fornication or adultary then why take the risk.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reply 76
No, it's called folly. Islam does not forbid shaking hands between men and women - it happens all the time.

Which branch of Islam? You're also ignoring regional customs, not necessarily an Islamic practice but freedom of culture is important as well.

I don't quite get the issue here, it's quite a jump from not shaking a woman's hand to using an assault rifle to shoot non believers...
Who on earth are you tell us where to live?? Once again, mind your own business!! If you got a problem with that then go deal with it!:colonhash:

If you clearly can't abide by western culture because some backward barbaric 7th century cult prohibits you, then you should remain in a country where the cult is practiced to it's fullest, not try and drag the west back thousands of years.
So??
I do whatever I want, and that's clearly none of your business!!

It will be when your attitude makes you unemployable
Reply 79
That was what I was referring to.
WTliteralF?

Latest

Trending

Trending