The Student Room Group

Entrance exam to Veterinary course in Kosice, Slovakia

Hi Could anyone tell me how to go about sitting entrance exam. I am doing my leaving certificate exam in June 2016 in Ireland. are there any Irish or UK students with experience of this faculty out there that can advise. Thanks in advance.
This is the process http://www.uvlf.sk/sites/default/files/dokumenty/en-dokumenty/6-gvm-application-process.pdf the entrance exams are in Slovakia during July and August
Thanks a million for information.
Good luck. I'm Irish too and have conditional acceptance for the 4 year course, maybe see you in september :smile:
Hi .
Have you already done the entrance exam? Was it difficult ? And 4yr course ? Is that veterinary?
Do you know anyone who has done a course there? All the reviews were in Slovak.
Thanks in advance.

Original post by spacelumps
Good luck. I'm Irish too and have conditional acceptance for the 4 year course, maybe see you in september :smile:
Original post by Margaret Blake
Hi .
Have you already done the entrance exam? Was it difficult ? And 4yr course ? Is that veterinary?
Do you know anyone who has done a course there? All the reviews were in Slovak.
Thanks in advance.

No, the 4 year vet course is for those who already have done a bachelors so no entrance exam. I've got a place as long as I pass my final exams and get my degree, I'm in my final year of Zoology in TCD.
Sorry can't help you with the entrance exam, I would imagine just study leaving cert biology and chem as much as you can before and that should help. A few girls in my year when I was in school went to Budapest but I don't personally know anyone who went to Kosice. They got help doing past exam papers from our chem and bio teachers in school, but from what I hear all the past Kosice papers are in slovak..
Where can you get past papers from. I know someone who can translate them for me?
Original post by Margaret Blake
Where can you get past papers from. I know someone who can translate them for me?

Not sure but you could try asking in the 'UVM Students' Facebook page. I've been reading that a lot to get a little bit more info.
Thanks
Reply 9
I'm in 4th year post-BSc (2nd of 4) so didn't do the entrance exam but there is information on the website here. It covers the topics you will need to study and other information.
I love it out here, the course is very practical which suits me and everyone is really nice.

There is lengthy UVM Kosice thread on here and if you have any questions just shout.
Reply 10
Hi I'm a 4th year in agricultural science, just wanted to ask anyone studying in the university of Kosice what were there primary degree or first degree grade requirements for entry e.g. 2.2., 2.1., 1.1. Thanks
Hi guys, I'm interested in studying vetmed in Kosice and contacted them about the accelerated course, as I'm hoping to study vetmed there when I finish year 4 of agricultural science. I asked them what the degree grade requirements were for the course eg a 1:1, 2:1, 2:2, etc, but they replied with the same information as was on their website. I'm just wondering if any of you have any idea of the requirements from your own applications? TIA
Original post by has89512
Hi guys, I'm interested in studying vetmed in Kosice and contacted them about the accelerated course, as I'm hoping to study vetmed there when I finish year 4 of agricultural science. I asked them what the degree grade requirements were for the course eg a 1:1, 2:1, 2:2, etc, but they replied with the same information as was on their website. I'm just wondering if any of you have any idea of the requirements from your own applications? TIA

You'd be best to post this question on the main Kosice thread (you may have already done that - apologies if so).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending