The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The clue is in the title: DREAM girl. You don't even know this girl properly OP. You like the idea of her, that's why she is a dream girl. In reality she will have faults, just have as everyone does. You say that you will never meet someone better than her because in reality you don't even know her.
(edited 8 years ago)
Try to forget it. I know it's hard & it hurts like hell but you just have to dust yourself up & move on. Take it as an experience, learn from it rather than beating yourself up about it & try again with someone else later on. Positive thinking is the key.
Original post by Forumaddict

You're right that I don't know 100% but I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999%
surethatsheisperfectformeandnooneelsewillverCoParetoher

Not really. part of infatuation about someone you were never in contact with is that you cna put them on a pedestal and raise them to unachievable standards. She probably want like that in real life and would be horrified you though so. She will burp and fart like the rest of us.

Either go and get help with your shyness or let it ruin you.
I wouldn't mess it up :u:
Try my chances with my dream guy.
move on, why stay back?
Since she was in my 'dreams', I would make sure I succeed in real life. :wink:
Original post by 999tigger
Not really. part of infatuation about someone you were never in contact with is that you cna put them on a pedestal and raise them to unachievable standards. She probably want like that in real life and would be horrified you though so. She will burp and fart like the rest of us.

I mean I get she can't be universally perfect but to me she is ideal at least. Like she has some little quirks maybe some people would view them as flaws but to me they just make her even more adorable. And even if she isn't perfect I think she's great and definetly what I would look for in a gf. She has all the qualities I would want in a gf; sweet, kind, friendly, nerdy, intelligent, pretty, hard working, sensible, classy, dresses nice, non promiscuous etc. and even if you say that there are others out there with the same qualities I would still say I want her not anyone else
I mean I get she can't be universally perfect but to me she is ideal at least. Like she has some little quirks maybe some people would view them as flaws but to me they just make her even more adorable. And even if she isn't perfect I think she's great and definetly what I would look for in a gf. She has all the qualities I would want in a gf; sweet, kind, friendly, nerdy, intelligent, pretty, hard working, sensible, classy, dresses nice, non promiscuous etc. and even if you say that there are others out there with the same qualities I would still say I want her not anyone else

Carry on moping or go and get help. Choices are simple.

This. It's not that hard to move on from someone you've never spoken to if you let yourself
Original post by stop888
This. It's not that hard to move on from someone you've never spoken to if you let yourself

I have spoken to her!!!!!
I would move onto the next girl.

NEXT!
And you knew 100% sure that you will never meet someone else as special as her and as perfect in your eyes as she is/was. There's literally nothing I wouldn't do to go back in time and correct the mistakes I made but you can't change the past :frown: :frown: :frown:

No such thing as a soulmate etc.

Plenty more dream women out there. :wink:

But what would be te point in fixing my shyness now when the damage has already been done
Original post by jay2013
I would move onto the next girl.

NEXT!

There won't be a next girl

Original post by stefano865
No such thing as a soulmate etc.

Plenty more dream women out there. :wink:

I have never met anyone else like her
But what would be te point in fixing my shyness now when the damage has already been done

Thats something you need to discuss with your therapist. Your shyness supposedly held you back this time and its still going to limit things in future. You dont seem that bothered about doing anything. If you wnat to go along the lines you have no hope then all the more reason for you to go and see your GP.
Original post by Espada Null
i would realise there is no such thing as a dream girl.

You just have rose coloured glasses on about her because you're too beta/ incel to realise the very strong likelihood that actually she's not special.

But she is because I have dreams about going on dates with her and kissing her all thee time, I imagine us kissing and holding hands and being together and in love and it feels amazing and I always feel heartbroken when I wake up and it was just a dream
Reply 37
Original post by ByronicHero
Losing somebody you care about is hard, and I know it is tempting to feel like you won't possibly ever feel the same way again. The truth, though, is that you almost certainly will. I look back on my life and survey the landscape; the meandering paths are littered with regrets, many of which I cannot possibly now correct. Loss is a part of life, but ideally it will lead to opportunities for you to have new experiences, meet new people and feel that way again. It will be hard for a while, but you will move on. You must.

I came to offer my own opinion to this thread but I saw this comment and I feel a lot better myself now. Really helped my mood today, thank you my friend.
Also another thing her ex boyfriend was very unappreciative of her and took her for granted. This pains me a lot because I know if I could be with her I would always appreciate her 100% and do whatever she asked me and give her whatever she asked me for. If I'd been lucky enough to be in that position I would have benn the happiest man n the whole planet and I'd make sure she knew that an I would alway love and protect her and not treat her badly. He didn't deserve her, why did mean a guy who don't deserve her get to go on dates with her while I would literally trade my life for that and treat her like am angel where he treated her like garbage
Omg today she smiled at me no joke, I walked down the road I. The opposite direction to her so out paths crossed (I planned it all out beforehand so we'd walk past eachother) then we made a brief half second of eye contact and she smiled at me even if it was just a little smile and she didn't say hi I'm still very grateful for it. I've had a really nice day and her smiling at me was the highlight if that day, I just wish life could stay this way forever in contempt with just staring at her across the room thinking about how sweet she is and imagining our life together, but soon I can't even do that

Latest

Trending

Trending