The Student Room Group

Ucas application, place confirmed help

Hi
I'm just looking for a bit of advice about my confirmed place at uni.
So I was basically at a uni between Sep 14 and April 15 but left because I was suffering from bipolar disorder, I then returned to the same uni this year and was there between Set 15 and Jan 16, both were in the first year.
I applied for a different uni in the same city which I will start from this Sep in year 1 on a different course.
I'm a bit concerned though what may happen with my confirmed place.
When I applied I was unwell and I didnt include the first year of uni between 14 and 15 on my application, just 15-16.
I'm seeing next week the student support team and I'm really concerned that they'll find out from my file transfer about my first year at uni. I didnt include it because I thought it didnt matter.
Do you think they'll withdraw the offer if they find out? I'm desperate to go back to uni in the same city and would hurt so much if they withdrew.
Ask on the SFE forum I thought your bigger problem was to ensure you had funding for all three years. they might make an exception for leabing due to bi polar, but they will fund 4 years and as far as I can see you have use 2 of those up leaving only 2 for a 3 year course. Do SFE know about this and hey have agreed to fund this new degree?

If youve not made a full declaration to them, then it opens things up, so you will need to tell them anyway. I think its funding rather thna anything else which is the issue.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Ask on the SFE forum I thought your bigger problem was to ensure you had funding for all three years. they might make an exception for leabing due to bi polar, but they will fund 4 years and as far as I can see you have use 2 of those up leaving only 2 for a 3 year course. Do SFE know about this and hey have agreed to fund this new degree?

If youve not made a full declaration to them, then it opens things up, so you will need to tell them anyway. I think its funding rather thna anything else which is the issue.

Student Finance have said they'll fund me for three years which is a relief which is the full length of the course. Hopefully the uni finding out wont impact my place there. Do you think the student support team will have access to my application because if they dont then it should be fine.
Original post by dragon1
Student Finance have said they'll fund me for three years which is a relief which is the full length of the course. Hopefully the uni finding out wont impact my place there. Do you think the student support team will have access to my application because if they dont then it should be fine.

If you have funding, then id be less worried about the other. They will find out anyway, so imo its best to tell them. Why did you leave your 2nd time? was it to do with mental illness?

Maybe contact the tutor or admissions and tell them. Explain your reason (you pick), bit tell them you have had treatment and you have it under control. You thought honesty was the best policy and so thats why you have told them. You still are as commited to ever wanting to do the course, but respect their decision.

Why do you think the student support team are relevant? they arent in charge of admissions. they are there to help you. i dont think it makes any difference to them. Overall I think you are worrying about nothing. its only relevant if you feel by not telling them it made the difference between getting a place and not. If thats the case then you should tell them to give you the max chance for damage limitation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending