The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Swapping course?

I've got an offer to do English at Exeter next year - but lately I've regretted not applying to do English with Study in North America. I figure it's not a huge change, but it's become my deciding factor between firming Exeter or Durham - I'm worried that I'll decide on Exeter and then find out I can't do the year abroad because they don't have any more places etc. I just wondered if anyone has any info on what the chances are that I would actually be able to swap.
Reply 1
Original post by 4170sre
I've got an offer to do English at Exeter next year - but lately I've regretted not applying to do English with Study in North America. I figure it's not a huge change, but it's become my deciding factor between firming Exeter or Durham - I'm worried that I'll decide on Exeter and then find out I can't do the year abroad because they don't have any more places etc. I just wondered if anyone has any info on what the chances are that I would actually be able to swap.

Hi I was in your position. The best thing to do is call up and ask if there are still spaces for the course with study abroad. If there is space then there should be no problem with changing. They'll just ask you to send an email confirming you want to make the change so they can do it officially on UCAS. tbh I think it should be a pretty easy swap. When I went to an open day, one of the professors was encouraging everyone to take a year abroad and was saying that you could still change during your first year.

Good luck!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by maixox
Hi I was in your position. The best thing to do is call up and ask if there are still spaces for the course with study abroad. If there is space then there should be no problem with changing. They'll just ask you to send an email confirming you want to make the change so they can do it officially on UCAS. tbh I think it should be a pretty easy swap. When I went to an open day, one of the professors was encouraging everyone to take a year abroad and was saying that you could still change during your first year.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice - I rung them a few days ago and they said the course was currently full. I think I'm going to be firming Exeter anyway but I half wondered if it'd be worth calling up again the day after UCAS decisions close (May 5th) to see if they'd had anyone reject an offer? Otherwise I guess I'll have to see if I can swap once I start!

Thank you very much!
Reply 3
Yeah you could do that :smile: failing that you should try phoning up right after results come out to see if they have any spaces then if anyone hasn't made their conditions there might be places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending