The Student Room Group

Are you getting study leave?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm going on study leave in two weeks I honestly can't wait. I really HATE the school environment and the fact that i'm forced to be in some lessons where people just mess around *cough french* really annoys so it will give me a chance to get out of those stupid lessons and help me stop feeling so exhausted.
take your own study leave...thats what im doing
Reply 22
yeah 13th may last day before study leave
Original post by s.mo
we dont need it but i can get so much more revision done at home and focus more on stuff i dont understand

If you don't understand it, wouldn't it be better to have a revision session with your teacher at school instead of struggling by yourself at home?
Original post by sfaraj
just bunk school, thats what im doing, you get more done at home than at school and you can focus on the subjects you need to revise. and i have stuudy leave but it starts on the same day as my first exam

If i bunk school for a couple of days, like when i have geography (geography class revision is really bad) wouldn't that make my attendance go really low, and then wouldn't uni's look down on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have study leave on May 13th... Ehehe... would've liked it BEFORE exams started, but what the ****. It's not like my ****ing little **** mates give a **** on exams. BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO DO, HUH?
Original post by rajneetk
I was thinking to do that but my sixth form go to the extent of picking you up from your home.
It'd be so awkward sitting in a teachers car getting dropped off to sixth form.
Lol

Your sixth form pick you up from your home? Whaaaaat....? :eek4: Sounds nightmarish. :redface:
Original post by iamhasana
Our study leave starts the Friday before exam season :L My first exam is on the following Monday. However, our school is still offering revision sessions which are drop in if you require them. (State school)

This is the best way imo
Reply 28
I don't, my school needs to realise that we need it. :frown: Probably why last year's year 11 failed epically.
Doing A2s.
Not allowed any days off.
If you have an exam in the morning you have to go to your afternoon lessons, its that bad.
Reply 30
We've had it since the start of April.
Original post by whydoidothis?
Doing A2s.
Not allowed any days off.
If you have an exam in the morning you have to go to your afternoon lessons, its that bad.

Technically, you don't HAVE to do anything. Just bunk (assuming you can trust yourself to do work), you will be gone in a couple months anyway.
Original post by maria.x
We've had it since the start of April.

I was stalking random people that I follow and I found this!!!!
You have study leave since april :frown:
WTH! When I'm older I'm going to make a school that has study leave for the whole time!!!!!!!
yes starts on the 23rd May can't wait
We basically don't have study leave :/ but I might ask If I can go earlier cause I have AS retakes and hopefully they allow me
No study leave whatsoever
One year I had it, the next they didn't give it :frown:
Reply 37
No we don't but I guess it makes sense as we revise with the teachers
I have study leave for 9 days baby
I get study leave on the 26th of May, then a week off from exams and then exams until June 24th.

Quick Reply

Latest