The Student Room Group

When you leave school will you cry?

Poll

When you leave school will you cry

After all those memories when you leave do you think you will cry
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studyspuddie

I'm going to put my middle finger out to all my crappy teachers and burn my books.
Reply 2
I never left school properly, like last or anything, so I didn't cry.

I didn't cry after college either.

I get emotional when I remember university, but I'm happy, it's just a phase in life.
Original post by Defraction
I'm going to put my middle finger out to all my crappy teachers and burn my books.

I guess if you go out it might as well go out with a bang
Reply 4

I am leaving sixth form in like a few weeks and I honestly think I will cry a bit. I hate my actual school and yes there are a few idiots around but I can honestly say that I have met/made some of the nicest people ever.
I don't think I will meet a group of people (mainly girls) that have been so genuinely nice to me, and it's upsetting that I won't probably keep in contact with all of them, but the good memories will still be there.

I didn't cry when I left secondary school, because I barely liked anyone day (I only liked 10% of my year group) I cried when i left primary school, but It was a few days after.
I'll cry because I am officially a grown up and my life is a mess, not because I will miss the people or anything.
Reply 7
I didn't cry when I left, I cried on results day :colonhash:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'll cry because I am officially a grown up and my life is a mess, not because I will miss the people or anything.

aww c'mon there must be at least someone you'll miss!
Original post by loveleest
aww c'mon there must be at least someone you'll miss!

I thought about that for a few seconds......

Yup, no one! :nah:

I actually dislike everyone! I mean I don't think anyone would even realise if I just randomly dropped down dead at school, perhaps it would take them about a week, "Oh look, what is that thing on the floor? ohhhh it's (my real name)" :redface:
I thought about that for a few seconds......

Yup, no one! :nah:

I actually dislike everyone! I mean I don't think anyone would even realise if I just randomly dropped down dead at school, perhaps it would take them about a week, "Oh look, what is that thing on the floor? ohhhh it's (my real name)" :redface:

:redface: omg
And why is that? i mean even when I was in secondary school and i thought i disliked everyone there was about 4 people I did end up missing.
:redface: omg
And why is that? i mean even when I was in secondary school and i thought i disliked everyone there was about 4 people I did end up missing.

I don't know :tongue: I mean I don't think anyone hates me or anything XD I don't think they know me well enough to hate me, it's just that because I moved 6th forms I never really built a proper bond with anyone. I just went about doing my own thing, like many people at my school. I don't know, I just never made any proper friends there.

Since 6th form I've just become more and more isolated and introverted, I don't know if that has anything to do with school. I mean there were a few friends that I made early on but due to lesson changes and just lack of sharing the same interests, we just became further apart. You can't force friendships and I get bored really easily, my thoughts keep me better company than some people. Talking to them took so much effort, it felt like I was running a marathon trying to think up conversation :redface: I like talking about certain things and they have other interests, so there isn't much you can do about that...

No your not. 18 is a publicity stunt. You aren't properly grown up until 21.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
No your not. 18 is a publicity stunt. You aren't properly grown up until 21.

Well that makes me feel a little better!
I don't know :tongue: I mean I don't think anyone hates me or anything XD I don't think they know me well enough to hate me, it's just that because I moved 6th forms I never really built a proper bond with anyone. I just went about doing my own thing, like many people at my school. I don't know, I just never made any proper friends there.

Since 6th form I've just become more and more isolated and introverted, I don't know if that has anything to do with school. I mean there were a few friends that I made early on but due to lesson changes and just lack of sharing the same interests, we just became further apart. You can't force friendships and I get bored really easily, my thoughts keep me better company than some people. Talking to them took so much effort, it felt like I was running a marathon trying to think up conversation :redface: I like talking about certain things and they have other interests, so there isn't much you can do about that...

Fair enough, at least you have uni to look forward to now :biggrin: You might get better luck there
Fair enough, at least you have uni to look forward to now :biggrin: You might get better luck there

I hope so :biggrin:

I'm not really a people person though tbh, sometimes I feel like humans just get in the way of things. :redface:
I hope so :biggrin:

I'm not really a people person though tbh, sometimes I feel like humans just get in the way of things. :redface:

I can totally understand what you mean :tongue:
You had no idea how happy my friends and I are when we left that place. After 5 long years we're finally free from the bitchy girls, dickheads and bullies.

Every now and then people would ask whether we miss high school or not and we always say no. There isn't a single thing or person I miss. My friends and I were literally smiling through our leavers assembly, no tears or sadness.

Now we're in college we feel soooo much more happier simply because there's more freedom and that we don't have to deal horrible people. College is great, no one picks on us anymore. Everyone tends to keep themselves to themselves meaning we don't have to deal with stupid friendship/boy drama. And because we're much happier it means that in lessons we are much more confident, we're not as reserved or quiet as we used to be.
I guess if you go out it might as well go out with a bang

True, let's say it's a student revolution that teachers oppress students. Karl Marx would be so proud:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest