The Student Room Group

I desperately need help with this sociology essay

I need to link theorists to death and dying, who can I talk about that relates to the victorian art of dying? modern healthcare and prolonging death? I cant think at all and I dont know why please someone help me im definitely failing this
Original post by KLBourne
I need to link theorists to death and dying, who can I talk about that relates to the victorian art of dying? modern healthcare and prolonging death? I cant think at all and I dont know why please someone help me im definitely failing this

First of all keep calm. When's the deadline for this essay?

I would imagine that google will have some results for your questions. I'll take a look...
Reply 5
The deadline is midnight tomorrow, and I am really struggling now :frown: I just need smeone to tell me who i should be looking at
Reply 6

This is one person I can talk about, thanks, but I now need a key theory to discuss, I just don't have a clue who to look at
Original post by KLBourne
This is one person I can talk about, thanks, but I now need a key theory to discuss, I just don't have a clue who to look at

If your lecturer has provided some key theories that you need to include then google for academic journals on them. If your lecturer has not specified a particular theory that they want you to discuss then include sources you find that you think are relevant.
Off the top of my head, is it possible to refer to functionalism I wonder. In that if everyone is expected to be a functional and contributing member of society, perhaps by romanticising death Victorian style, it validates the idea that everyone is has something to offer society.

I am literally just thinking off the top of my head here as to how you could link key sociological theories into your essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending