The Student Room Group

Any colleges/sixth forms which have evening classes maths in East London

Hi,

I currently in Sixth Form, but I want to resit GCSE Maths, I got a C in Maths and would like to resit it and get a B or A, my school isn't offering me the chance to do resits so is there any college/sixth form which have evening classes for GCSE Maths in East London?
Original post by d_a99
Hi,

I currently in Sixth Form, but I want to resit GCSE Maths, I got a C in Maths and would like to resit it and get a B or A, my school isn't offering me the chance to do resits so is there any college/sixth form which have evening classes for GCSE Maths in East London?

Loads of them.
But they won't be advertising them until the start of the new school year.
If you want to attend classes you'll be expected to pay as they only get funding for people who don't have a C. You might find some unwilling to take a part time student who is in full time education elsewhere. Since only people retaking GCSE can sit the current specification exams in November and summer 2017 you'll probably find most public courses are preparing students for the new grade 9-1 specification exams.

Why not just self study and revise hard over the summer and retake in November as a private candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Loads of them.
But they won't be advertising them until the start of the new school year.
If you want to attend classes you'll be expected to pay as they only get funding for people who don't have a C. You might find some unwilling to take a part time student who is in full time education elsewhere. Since only people retaking GCSE can sit the current specification exams in November and summer 2017 you'll probably find most public courses are preparing students for the new grade 9-1 specification exams.

Why not just self study and revise hard over the summer and retake in November as a private candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
actually thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending