The Student Room Group

Are there any subjects that you haven't started revising for yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by surina16
Yeah, OCR :smile: Why?

I was wondering if you had any good revision resources/websites as I am currently struggling with the subject as a whole. Anything would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by davist
I was wondering if you had any good revision resources/websites as I am currently struggling with the subject as a whole. Anything would be much appreciated :smile:

Hi, I made the official thread for this year's exam, and I have listed some resources in the OP :h: I think some other people may have also listed things that they have found useful :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3939209

Good luck with the exam :h:
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I've revised most of triple science, but there are so many to do !!!:angry: Just backing myself with simple subjects like ICT and Business. PE I know most of, just going over the ridiculously worded questions. Maths I have been doing past papers, I've finished drama and looking forward to the RPE Exam :smile:

you'll regret saying that this time next year
For anyone doing English Lit, I recommend making a little cue card for each poem with some points to remember, for the novels/ plays try and reread them, or at least the key parts and look at chapter summaries.

Get revision guides too, and for the novels and plays maybe make mind maps on the major themes and characters, and do some practice questions (perhaps some in note form to summarize the key points, but also at least do one or two in timed conditions, so you can practice those essay skillz)

And memorise key page numbers with good quotes!

Shmoop and grade saver (websites) are kinda useful
Mr Bruff youtube is also good

Hope this helps:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't do any English or Spanish revision for GCSE and got A*s.. work to your strengths
History - None yet, my exams are on the 6th, 14th and 21st of June so I have ages and there's also a half term before. I also only have Maths on 9th June and they are the only exams I have after the 26th of May so all I have to revise for is a bit of Maths until the 9th then only History :biggrin:

I haven't really done any hardcore French or Spanish revision apart from the odd past paper in class but I'm predicted A*s in both of them and I don't really find the exams that difficult tbh. I did revise for my orals for them but they're over now!!!!!!!!!:h:

I did no revision for English Language, and I've just completed both papers in this week that just went, and they were fine.
Reply 26
religious studies n citizenship
Original post by Sacred Ground
you'll regret saying that this time next year

Maths, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology (If I get an A* in math, I'll swap it for further), EPQ

Yeah you are certainly not lying.
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
For anyone doing English Lit, I recommend making a little cue card for each poem with some points to remember, for the novels/ plays try and reread them, or at least the key parts and look at chapter summaries.

Get revision guides too, and for the novels and plays maybe make mind maps on the major themes and characters, and do some practice questions (perhaps some in note form to summarize the key points, but also at least do one or two in timed conditions, so you can practice those essay skillz)

And memorise key page numbers with good quotes!

Shmoop and grade saver (websites) are kinda useful
Mr Bruff youtube is also good

Hope this helps:h:

Thank you, thats some really good advice. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by surina16
English Lit - don't really know how tbh :/
Units 2 and 3 of sciences - not until ages
English Lang - because what can you do? :redface:
History - can't remember it if I revise it now, relying on the half term to cram all the stats

For English literature - I recommend York Notes revision guides and 'Mr Salles Teaches English' on YouTube. It's a difficult subject to revise, but it's usually best to simply research your texts and process the information to make it more memorable, e.g. posters. :smile:
Original post by niv1234
Thank you, thats some really good advice. :smile:

Aw no problem :smile: good luck with your exams!
Original post by xoharrypotter
english lit - buy a revision guide for each of your books and poems and learn everything in the guide
or you're going to be really stuck on what to write on in the exam and especially for english lit you dont have time to sit and think for 20 minutes, then do plenty of questions and get them marked by your teacher

unit 2&3 - do questions, keep doing questions or you'll forget everything and will have to cram last minute

english lang - practise past papers, cant stress this enough, i got an E in the mock exam and after 2 past papers and a few video tutorials (mr bruff) I got an A* in the real exam

history - i didnt take this but learning dates is what my friends always complained about

start your revision now for these subjects as i really regret not taking gcses seriously and ended up with (good) but standard grades and pretty much ruined my future ( i wanted to be a doctor)

gcse's arent gonna ruin your future of a career in medicine you nugget, you could just get sick A level grades and would be accepted by most universities

Quick Reply

Latest