The Student Room Group

Double award science help

Does anyone have an Incling as to what might be in the first paper and then the second

Like is there a patterns of they ask these topics in paper 1 and these in papers 2

I have 8 days until my first exam and I'm so worried I can't sleep I feel sick
Look at the AQA past papers for the topics contained in last years paper. It is highly likely that there will be the same topics repeated in such depth. For example, limestone was in C1 - I estimate that there will be less or no limestone questions this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Certified
Look at the AQA past papers for the topics contained in last years paper. It is highly likely that there will be the same topics repeated in such depth. For example, limestone was in C1 - I estimate that there will be less or no limestone questions this year.

So if I look i can determine what I might be asked I'm only just revising as I had an operation and was in hospital after lumbar puncture for two weeks and I'm panicking.... I feel I know nothing

Thank you
Original post by vickie89uk
So if I look i can determine what I might be asked I'm only just revising as I had an operation and was in hospital after lumbar puncture for two weeks and I'm panicking.... I feel I know nothing

Thank you

If that is your situation I recommend just revising as much as you can - see if cramming works for you. If not just do mind maps on key points. I suggest you avoid just doing notes as they don't work for most people in the long run. It is best to do key topics - spend time on areas you have no knowledge about rather than the areas you half understand.

Good luck
Reply 4
If that is your situation I recommend just revising as much as you can - see if cramming works for you. If not just do mind maps on key points. I suggest you avoid just doing notes as they don't work for most people in the long run. It is best to do key topics - spend time on areas you have no knowledge about rather than the areas you half understand.

Good luck

Good luck

Yeah I'm going through the the videos on my GCSE science website and primrose kittens videos on YouTube and I'm making almost spider diagrams and not doing fancy colours or drawings (unless it's important like wavelengths and lenses etc) I'm not sure if 9 days is enough but I'm going to give it my best shot..... I'm studying all day pretty much minus an hour for breakfast and getting dressed and an hour for showering and a show before bed and then half hour for dinner..... In the hope that I'll cover everything...

Thank you so much for your advice fingers crossed
Yeah I'm going through the the videos on my GCSE science website and primrose kittens videos on YouTube and I'm making almost spider diagrams and not doing fancy colours or drawings (unless it's important like wavelengths and lenses etc) I'm not sure if 9 days is enough but I'm going to give it my best shot..... I'm studying all day pretty much minus an hour for breakfast and getting dressed and an hour for showering and a show before bed and then half hour for dinner..... In the hope that I'll cover everything...

Thank you so much for your advice fingers crossed

Are you AQA? What's your ISA score/grade? That may help you out if you don't achieve the marks you want on the paper.

Wait what do you mean? Is there a correlation on what was in the different science papers in AQA science and what is likely to be on this years double award science paper?
Reply 7
Are you AQA? What's your ISA score/grade? That may help you out if you don't achieve the marks you want on the paper.

I don't know what ISA is yeah with AQA! Mine is 100% exam based my college did the 8404h

Original post by alexalexalex.
Wait what do you mean? Is there a correlation on what was in the different science papers in AQA science and what is likely to be on this years double award science paper?

What normally appears on paper 1 and then what on paper 2 yeah
Original post by alexalexalex.

My AQA course has an ISA for Core and Additional Science. 25% of my final grade comes from the ISA.

This is roughly how it works I think (but it gets converted to UMS and turns complicated):
Core: Biology1 = 25% Chemistry1= 25% Physics1= 25% ISA= 25%
Additional: Biology2 = 25% Chemistry2= 25% Physics2= 25% ISA= 25%
Reply 9
My AQA course has an ISA for Core and Additional Science. 25% of my final grade comes from the ISA.

This is roughly how it works I think (but it gets converted to UMS and turns complicated):
Core: Biology1 = 25% Chemistry1= 25% Physics1= 25% ISA= 25%
Additional: Biology2 = 25% Chemistry2= 25% Physics2= 25% ISA= 25%

Yeah my college teaches IGCSE 8404h which has 100% assessments in exams

Coming in 2017 the 9-1 GCSEs will be 100% externally assessed with no in class assessments

I think my college did the 8404h so they could see how it works

Ridiculous really
I don't know what ISA is yeah with AQA! Mine is 100% exam based my college did the 8404h

What normally appears on paper 1 and then what on paper 2 yeah

Wait but I meant like a correlation between what was on AQA last year and what will be on it this year.
Btw im doing the CIE double award science so this might be completely irrelevant hahah

Quick Reply

Latest