The Student Room Group

Gap Year - Jobs?

Hey guys

So I was thinking about what job I should get in my gap year (which starts officially in Joon :eek:) cos lyke need to get rollin in dah moneez yakno whamsayin?
Sorry got possessed for a second, ANYWAY, what should I do? How does one get a job?
I don't know how to life T_T

And my attendance is like 0% gurl am I unemployed for life? :cry2:
I heard Aldis pay good you know... anyone work there? How much do they pay you :colone:? What's the best paying job for an 18 year old in London?

tenxktenks :*
Reply 1
Original post by z33
Hey guys

So I was thinking about what job I should get in my gap year (which starts officially in Joon :eek:) cos lyke need to get rollin in dah moneez yakno whamsayin?
Sorry got possessed for a second, ANYWAY, what should I do? How does one get a job?

I heard Aldis pay good you know... anyone work there? How much do they pay you :colone:? What's the best paying job for an 18 year old in London?

For some reason I get the sense that you're unable to sell yourself to future employers very well.

Maybe you could try selling yourself in literal terms? Prostitution.

Editing in a smiley-winky face:
:wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Davalla
For some reason I get the sense that you're unable to sell yourself to future employers very well.

Maybe you could try selling yourself in literal terms? Prostitution.

Editing in a smiley-winky face:
:wink:

i don't sell myself to people who can't afford :wink:
dis is evidence that the patriarchy is reel
STAHP OPPRESSING ME
Original post by z33
Hey guys

Bar jobs are the best paid.
Betting shops are not too bad either
Go on indeed.com and look for jobs in your area and get applying.. have you got your CV sorted? Any sort of work experience? Get that on there

Hiya! :wavey:

I've moved this over to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more answers

Cheers!
Ethan :h:
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
Bar jobs are the best paid.
Betting shops are not too bad either

yeh u see im muslim and das haraam so... dat aint happenin :lol:

Original post by iEthan
Hiya! :wavey:

I've moved this over to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more answers

Cheers!
Ethan :h:

o thanks Ethan! :3
Reply 7
Original post by iEthan
x

i fink u moved it to the wrong place

Spoiler

Original post by z33
i fink u moved it to the wrong place

Spoiler

This happens sometimes with my threads in chat then they die .-.
Reply 9
Original post by Big Moisty
This happens sometimes with my threads in chat then they die .-.

the mods be murdering our threads T_T
Original post by z33
the mods be murdering our threads T_T

Yup....
Hi,

Just doing my job. Sorry your thread didn't get more replies. :s-smilie:
Dont look to work in any popular retail-y jobs because they make you work your ass off, only because they are sooo busy. So nothing like Topshop, Asda, New Look etc.

Highly recommend you get a job. You end up spending far more than you expect on a gap year. If you do get a job you just got to be committed and no that bad punctuality thing won't work. You learn to dicipline yourself so I'm sure you won't be one of those sort of people that don't turn up for work that you're being paid for.

If you have any questions about this feel free to ask. :h:
No offence but I wouldn't even bother with Aldi. They pay like £8 + an hour but everyone knows that. Aldi are extremely picky with who they decide to hire and with no experience you probably wouldn't be very high on their list..

But just apply anywhere and everywhere..I'd guess in London it's probably fairly easy to find a job if you look in the right places =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending