The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

John Burnett at Pollock Halls

Hello, everyone!

I'm considering applying for the John Burnett House for September 2016. And I've read a lot of threads on all kinds of accomodation (mainly self-catered), but not much on Pollock Halls. So I was wondering why it is so rarely mentioned and if anyone of you had some previous experience with Pollock Halls accomodation in general, and with John Burnett, in particular. Please tell me your thoughts and opinion.

Any advise from either prospective or current students would be very much appreciated.

Nadia
Reply 1
I've put John Burnett as my top choice and i really hope i get it! My brother stayed there for his first year 5 years ago, he said the food is roughly the same over the year and so it can get quite bland with eating the same stuff. His room was fairly small but in comparison to the other accommodations on offer it was actually a reasonable size, although back then they didn't have the new builds which look really good.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Wassap
I've put John Burnett as my top choice and i really hope i get it! My brother stayed there for his first year 5 years ago, he said the food is roughly the same over the year and so it can get quite bland with eating the same stuff. His room was fairly small but in comparison to the other accommodations on offer it was actually a reasonable size, although back then they didn't have the new builds which look really good.

The rooms in the pictures on the accomodation website seem to be of a standard size, although I do realise those photos can be rather misleading. But the bathrooms aren't shown anywhere, so I wonder what they look like and how spacious/confined they are.

Another reason why I only consider Pollock Halls is the social life. I hope they are much more social than non-catered accomodation and it will be easier to make friend there.
Can someone tell me about John Burnett? I know it is the newest accommodation to have been built. I have heard their are a lot of international students. Is that primarily who lives there or will there also be a combination of students from the UK as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending