The Student Room Group

Please help! Urgent advice

The long and short is my GCSEs (apart from English Language, which I did last week, and Maths, which I did in January) properly start on Monday. I am totally sleep deprived today (got <5.5 hours sleep due to a late night + early wakeup call). I think I need to re-revise the whole of Physics (I was at an A* but I'm forgetting stuff). I've tried to revise hard but I'm really nervous. What should I do today (I've tried and failed to do a Physics past paper well, despite getting 90% in my mock :/). I'm planning on an English PBQ but don't know what else to do. Please help!
Reply 1
Original post by c21132
The long and short is my GCSEs (apart from English Language, which I did last week, and Maths, which I did in January) properly start on Monday. I am totally sleep deprived today (got <5.5 hours sleep due to a late night + early wakeup call). I think I need to re-revise the whole of Physics (I was at an A* but I'm forgetting stuff). I've tried to revise hard but I'm really nervous. What should I do today (I've tried and failed to do a Physics past paper well, despite getting 90% in my mock :/). I'm planning on an English PBQ but don't know what else to do. Please help!

Are you doing Cambride or Edexcel? either way the best thing you can do is download short notes which would help your revise and remember the things you have forgotten. don't stress out it'll be alright. Sleep the night off and have a good night sleep of atleast 8 hours and wake up early.
Reply 2
Original post by Sunethra
Are you doing Cambride or Edexcel? either way the best thing you can do is download short notes which would help your revise and remember the things you have forgotten. don't stress out it'll be alright. Sleep the night off and have a good night sleep of atleast 8 hours and wake up early.

Thanks for the reply. That's my plan. There are also some really good videos. Physics isn't until NEXT Wednesday (Edexcel) and I'm more or less ready for Bio and Chem (although a few more past papers wouldn't hurt). The real issues are how to cope with the loss of time, and how to ensure I get a really good night's sleep tonight.
Reply 3
Original post by c21132
Thanks for the reply. That's my plan. There are also some really good videos. Physics isn't until NEXT Wednesday (Edexcel) and I'm more or less ready for Bio and Chem (although a few more past papers wouldn't hurt). The real issues are how to cope with the loss of time, and how to ensure I get a really good night's sleep tonight.

You should watch the youtube videos of people doing the past papers. They explain very well, you can pause and try to do it yourself and then continue to play to find out where you went wrong.

Cut down on the distractions, that way you can catch up on the lost time. I know it hard but its the best you can do to stop procrastinating.

What I do during official exams is that I sleep very early, say 7-8pm, and then I wake up very early making sure I have gotten 7-8 hours of sleep.

Good luck with the rest of your exam. Don't stop praying
Reply 4
Original post by Sunethra
You should watch the youtube videos of people doing the past papers. They explain very well, you can pause and try to do it yourself and then continue to play to find out where you went wrong.

Cut down on the distractions, that way you can catch up on the lost time. I know it hard but its the best you can do to stop procrastinating.

What I do during official exams is that I sleep very early, say 7-8pm, and then I wake up very early making sure I have gotten 7-8 hours of sleep.

Good luck with the rest of your exam. Don't stop praying

Thanks - my problem is getting to sleep. I can 'go to bed' at 8pm or whatever, but it seems to take forever for me to get to sleep, particularly when I'm stressed. I might try just going to bed stupidly early today, so even if it takes 2-3 hours to get to sleep, I still do...

Quick Reply

Latest