The Student Room Group

First exam... tomorrow

So I have my first GCSE exam tomorrow (17 May 2016): Edexcel Core Biology: Influence on Life, at 1:45pm, and I was just wondering how people coped with the build up to the exam on the day. How did everyone feel when they realised they were only thirty-five minutes away from having to walk over to the exam hall? How did everyone cope with the nerves as they sat at their allocated seat and waited for the invigilator to say 'candidates your time starts now.'?

I have 'Rescue Remedy' which I'll use before the exam, but I can't help but worry that I'm going to forget all the information I know five minutes before the exam!
Today was my first exam, i wasnt scared/nervous/anxious at all, only a tiny bit before i walked in

im not even stressed for some reasons, i could happily do the biology exam right now lol
Reply 2
Original post by IAmAnTroll
Today was my first exam, i wasnt scared/nervous/anxious at all, only a tiny bit before i walked in

im not even stressed for some reasons, i could happily do the biology exam right now lol

How was your exam? I don't know why I'm stressing if I'm entirely honest because I've revised and I know all the topics, but it's just the edge of fear getting to me I guess. Are you taking the biology exam tomorrow?
If you've revisied; don't try to cram.
Clear your mind, revise until about 8, then do whatever you do to relax (GAMES, A MOVIE, ANYTHING!!)
Wake up a bit earlier tomorrow morning so you are fresh, get ready, brush your teeth, Read over your notes/ revision guide for 20 minutes and it will keep it fresh in your mind. ALSO DONT TRY TO CRAM AT LUNCH TOMORROW :P You'll probably not have time to look through everything, which will make you worried you havent covered everything + further make you stress.

IM talking Aqa Biology, not edexcel like you :tongue:
Reply 4
yeah i took my first gcse today, i did 2 actually, re and sociology. it really didnt feel any different from a mock, i guess the only thing thats worrying is that you dont have a sense of security. like for when i did my english language exam back in november, it felt more secure because my coursework was full marks and i could always retake the exam so there wasnt much pressure, but for like re and stuff its not the same. i dont really feel stress or pressure though, so idk maybe its just me. really its not too bad, the worst thing you can do is worry
Reply 5
Original post by IAmAnTroll
If you've revisied; don't try to cram.
Clear your mind, revise until about 8, then do whatever you do to relax (GAMES, A MOVIE, ANYTHING!!)
Wake up a bit earlier tomorrow morning so you are fresh, get ready, brush your teeth, Read over your notes/ revision guide for 20 minutes and it will keep it fresh in your mind. ALSO DONT TRY TO CRAM AT LUNCH TOMORROW :P You'll probably not have time to look through everything, which will make you worried you havent covered everything + further make you stress.

IM talking Aqa Biology, not edexcel like you :tongue:

Thank you for the advice, I'm going to do what you said - revise until 8pm, and then relax for the evening. I'll look over my notes tomorrow morning and then go to lessons as normal tomorrow and keep calm. Thank you for the advice! :biggrin:

And good luck with your Biology exam tomorrow... on AQA :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by lucsus
yeah i took my first gcse today, i did 2 actually, re and sociology. it really didnt feel any different from a mock, i guess the only thing thats worrying is that you dont have a sense of security. like for when i did my english language exam back in november, it felt more secure because my coursework was full marks and i could always retake the exam so there wasnt much pressure, but for like re and stuff its not the same. i dont really feel stress or pressure though, so idk maybe its just me. really its not too bad, the worst thing you can do is worry

Hope you exams went well for you. You're right, I just need to relax, there's nothing to worry about, I've revised for the exam and I can only try my best! You're also right in the lack of security, because we don't find out for three months what our grades our and then they're unchangeable! Good luck for the rest of your exams. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest