The Student Room Group

Getting back into eduction...

Hi guys,

I left college after my first year (it just wasn't for me) and began working in retail, i'm now 21 and am currently on a level 3 management apprenticeship in the hope of finally gaining my A Levels.
I've always enjoyed retail, however after almost 6 years of it, I've realised I have no passion for it any more and would love to get into sports and preferably coaching children/ PE teacher that sort of thing. I own my own home and have two little pooches and two horses so as you can imagine I'm not in the position where I can just pack up and go to uni or give up my job to start a training course... I have no problem paying for courses, i'm just looking for a starting point so I can hopefully start training for the job I really want.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated:biggrin:
Original post by Bethersxo
Hi guys,

I left college after my first year (it just wasn't for me) and began working in retail, i'm now 21 and am currently on a level 3 management apprenticeship in the hope of finally gaining my A Levels.
I've always enjoyed retail, however after almost 6 years of it, I've realised I have no passion for it any more and would love to get into sports and preferably coaching children/ PE teacher that sort of thing. I own my own home and have two little pooches and two horses so as you can imagine I'm not in the position where I can just pack up and go to uni or give up my job to start a training course... I have no problem paying for courses, i'm just looking for a starting point so I can hopefully start training for the job I really want.

Have you thought of the Open University? They have a BSc (Honours) degree in Sport, Fitness and Coaching

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q76#course-details
Where do you live? Might be worth emailing local uni's to see if they would accept you.
Hi guys,

Hope it all works
Hi guys,

Hope it all works
Reply 5
Original post by PobNotBob
Have you thought of the Open University? They have a BSc (Honours) degree in Sport, Fitness and Coaching

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q76#course-details

The open university never crossed my mind, I'll have a look into it, thankyou :-)

Original post by Kevlar123
Where do you live? Might be worth emailing local uni's to see if they would accept you.

My local uni is Manchester, i'll send them an email and see if they are able to help, thanks :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending