The Student Room Group

Not willing to help and GCSE is 5 days away!

Hi all - I just need some advice and some reassurance in a sense

My english teacher is annoyed that Imm resitting PE this year. Last year I sat my PE GCSE early and attained a C - which was no where good enough for me nor my teacher. We were hoping for at least an A. We had an agreement that if I did not reach this I would re-sit my exam this year - I'm sitting the exam on Friday.

My english teacher is annoyed that I'm resitting and claimed that I've missed lessons of english for PE despite me missing only 2 lessons for my PE moderation (which had to be done as it was worth 60% of my grade) and I have improved dramatically recently attaining an A in my english language exam (when I was getting C's at the start of the year)she is annoyed I seem to be putting to much emphasis on PE - although my exam is now 2 days away. I feel totally annoyed about the situation and a lot of anxiety with both PE and English exams.

I want to go on to be a PE teacher and study Sports Science at degree level hence why I'm really studying hard as I don't want the disappointment of last year.

So...

I've complained to the school as she has said stuff behind my back and that I took extreme offence to this - am I in a right to complain. It seems as if she is unwilling to help me now despite being 5 days away from my English Literature exam.

What do I do - I don't know what to do with the situation as it seems to be getting way out of hand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello there.

Must be tough, Having to do GCSE's without help from a Teacher. I'd tell you're parents and get them involved with this, alternatively you could self-teach or find a tutor (ikr you probably wouldn't).
Firstly, You and your parnets should complain to the school using the Formal complaints procedure, If the problem does not get resolved and actually gets worse in anyway, then make a Complaint to OFSTED!
Agreed with the above post (Bulletzone)... although I'd have to say, the formal complaint procedure could take a long time to get to the right person within the right time scale...

Considering that, I'd encourage you to request your parents to speak directly to your head teacher and get this stuff sorted within the next day or two... if he/she cannot, then speak directly to the teacher in question. Need to avoid the bureaucracy of the school since exams are right round the corner.
Reply 3
Original post by Bulletzone
Hello there.

Must be tough, Having to do GCSE's without help from a Teacher. I'd tell you're parents and get them involved with this, alternatively you could self-teach or find a tutor (ikr you probably wouldn't).
Firstly, You and your parnets should complain to the school using the Formal complaints procedure, If the problem does not get resolved and actually gets worse in anyway, then make a Complaint to OFSTED!

Original post by brijmohan3
Agreed with the above post (Bulletzone)... although I'd have to say, the formal complaint procedure could take a long time to get to the right person within the right time scale...

Considering that, I'd encourage you to request your parents to speak directly to your head teacher and get this stuff sorted within the next day or two... if he/she cannot, then speak directly to the teacher in question. Need to avoid the bureaucracy of the school since exams are right round the corner.

Thank you both of you - My parents did get involved and it seemed to have made the situation worse - on the bright side it was one of my final English lessons as I'm in exams the rest of them times - I don't know how to feel as I'm now really nervous for both my PE and english exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _chloeematt
Thank you both of you - My parents did get involved and it seemed to have made the situation worse - on the bright side it was one of my final English lessons as I'm in exams the rest of them times - I don't know how to feel as I'm now really nervous for both my PE and english exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to another teacher?
Hi all - I just need some advice and some reassurance in a sense

My english teacher is annoyed that Imm resitting PE this year. Last year I sat my PE GCSE early and attained a C - which was no where good enough for me nor my teacher. We were hoping for at least an A. We had an agreement that if I did not reach this I would re-sit my exam this year - I'm sitting the exam on Friday.

My english teacher is annoyed that I'm resitting and claimed that I've missed lessons of english for PE despite me missing only 2 lessons for my PE moderation (which had to be done as it was worth 60% of my grade) and I have improved dramatically recently attaining an A in my english language exam (when I was getting C's at the start of the year)she is annoyed I seem to be putting to much emphasis on PE - although my exam is now 2 days away. I feel totally annoyed about the situation and a lot of anxiety with both PE and English exams.

I want to go on to be a PE teacher and study Sports Science at degree level hence why I'm really studying hard as I don't want the disappointment of last year.

So...

I've complained to the school as she has said stuff behind my back and that I took extreme offence to this - am I in a right to complain. It seems as if she is unwilling to help me now despite being 5 days away from my English Literature exam.

What do I do - I don't know what to do with the situation as it seems to be getting way out of hand...

Posted from TSR Mobile

the right thing to do(by referring to the principle of utility)
is to ignore the silly fool, you'll pretty much never be taught by her ever again unless you wanna take a level english
since she's being the bigger paenus here you be the right and correct moral person by not being a cock back to her but by asking other teachers for help. So if she's unwilling to help find someone else.
Tbh there is a time and a place for everything . 5 days before exam time ismt the right time imo as the dispute will cause more upset. What are you expecting from your teacher, surely the most she can manage is 2hrs as she has the rest of the class to consider as well? Perhpas you can progress your revision and then define which bits exactly you need help with and ask the questions to any English teacher? For me in exams, then I work better on my own at this late stage. Dont let disputes in the school throw you off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case... focus on your exams for now, and ask for help from another teacher...

Then after exams, raise it to your head teacher yourself... that teacher needs to get fired
Reply 8
thank you all for your kind words and support! Good luck for all of your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear this is one of those subjects where NVQs are more valuable than exam-sitting qualifications but that's just what i think
I assume you're doing WJEC PE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
I swear this is one of those subjects where NVQs are more valuable than exam-sitting qualifications but that's just what i think

Been a long time since I've been in school and sat exams... but I'm pretty sure it's your teacher that writes the justifications for predicted grades and stuff... lol
If that is true, then she'd be screwed even more from what it sounds like ^^
Original post by JacobPowell
I assume you're doing WJEC PE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest