The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse ict practical summer 2016

Scroll to see replies

Usually, the boundary for an A* is around 85-87. But it depends on how the rest of the world found it. So idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
Usually, the boundary for an A* is around 85-87. But it depends on how the rest of the world found it. So idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last time it was 81....
and once it was 84
Original post by theblackaddict
the paper was actually easy :smile:

Original post by Droneon
I just did the paper, and it was really quite easy. Yeah, the formula for the if function wasn't that bad actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Droneon
I just did the paper, and it was really quite easy. Yeah, the formula for the if function wasn't that bad actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
Thanks to all those who without caring about themselves shared the topics of the exam!!! Trust me the grade boundaries may not be affected as much!!! 😊😊😊😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i hope all you are happy, since you guys knew what was coming, and are proud of yourselves cheating.
thanks to guys like you, it might be difficult for us to get good grades due to the boundaries going higher.
Congratulations :clap2:
I only wish the edexcel saw this. Only the students who actually worked hard without knowing whats coming, deserves good grades.
I am disgusted by you guys, and even the "kind, non selfish" people who supported ya'll by providing the questions that came.
Original post by Sinister6807
Well i hope all you are happy, since you guys knew what was coming, and are proud of yourselves cheating.
thanks to guys like you, it might be difficult for us to get good grades due to the boundaries going higher.
I only wish the edexcel saw this. Only the students who actually worked hard without knowing whats coming, deserves good grades.
I am disgusted by you guys, and even the "kind, non selfish" people who supported ya'll by providing the questions that came.

How sure are you that the boundaries are going to go higher? Like you said, last time it was 81 for an A*. If that's not low enough, then I don't know what is. And I think Edexcel would be quite naïve to base the boundaries solely on us who 'knew what was coming'. You said it yourself, 'the grade boundaries would be based on how the rest of the world taking the exam have done'. If Edexcel saw this, it would be worse for those who had worked hard without knowing what was coming, and they won't be getting the grades they deserve. But don't get me wrong. If you call this cheating, I'm not trying to justify it. But I think it was inevitable to know what was coming for those who did the exam later on. That's not their fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
How sure are you that the boundaries are going to go higher? Like you said, last time it was 81 for an A*. If that's not low enough, then I don't know what is. And I think Edexcel would be quite naïve to base the boundaries solely on us who 'knew what was coming'. You said it yourself, 'the grade boundaries would be based on how the rest of the world taking the exam have done'. If Edexcel saw this, it would be worse for those who had worked hard without knowing what was coming, and they won't be getting the grades they deserve. But don't get me wrong. If you call this cheating, I'm not trying to justify it. But I think it was inevitable to know what was coming for those who did the exam later on. That's not their fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not blaming the people who came to know what was coming even though it wasn't their intentions. My point was specifically to those that asked us the questions, and pestered every single one of us to give off a few hints(students who did the exam on the 16th)
im not blaming the people who came to know what was coming even though it wasn't their intentions. My point was specifically to those that asked us the questions, and pestered every single one of us to give off a few hints(students who did the exam on the 16th)

Well, if the ones who did the exam on 16th did it later on, I don't think they would have kept quiet either. This kind of thing happens every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Droneon
Well, if the ones who did the exam on 16th did it later on, I don't think they would have kept quiet either. This kind of thing happens every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well do you agree it wrong? or u think its right?
Well do you agree it wrong? or u think its right?

What I think doesn't matter. Not everyone can be expected to think about what's morally correct or incorrect before doing something. There are always compromises that have to be made in situations like these.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ikr. it happened last year and the previous years as well. the grade boundaries never went up. it actually came down .

if you were doing your exams as us, you would have asked too, right?
thats the same thing we did.
Original post by theblackaddict
the paper was actually easy :smile:

Ya, can agree to that! It was pretty simple yeah? What are you planning on getting as a result? a double A*? :P
I sat the paper on the 17th without any knowledge of what topics might come up so I had to just revise everything but I still did fine in the paper without the need to cheat. If you know what topics are going to be in the paper and you get an A or A* you haven't really earned that grade because you cheated. You might not think knowing whether presentation will show up or not will matter but it does because it gives you more time to revise and an advantage as you are better prepared. It's also just morally wrong, it's like being given extra time when you don't qualify.
Original post by Omarmaxes82
Guys who ever did the May practical 2016 ICT exam IGCSE please tell me what came

You shouldn't need to ask this, just revise everything and then you know you'll be prepared for anything. I've sat the paper and there's nothing too tricky so you should be fine
Original post by sri800
hi I have it on the 17th May and Im in Yr 8. Can anyone help me cause i looked at the 2015 and kind of struggled at the web authoring.

Ask your teacher or one of your friends to help you but don't use word. In the 2015 paper you had to copy a URL code which you can't do in word and you also often have to preview your website on the internet which you can't do on word so you'll be losing marks and cheating yourself. I always found Web authoring tricky but I practiced lots and know I understand it. Good luck in your exam
I am seriously considering a quick phone call to edexcel, seriously! This was so unfair, people who did it last obviously are going to get A*s and oh yeah well done people who actually did your exam without cheating, the rest of you hope you feel good about yourself 😡😡
Original post by Student0606
I sat the paper on the 17th without any knowledge of what topics might come up so I had to just revise everything but I still did fine in the paper without the need to cheat. If you know what topics are going to be in the paper and you get an A or A* you haven't really earned that grade because you cheated. You might not think knowing whether presentation will show up or not will matter but it does because it gives you more time to revise and an advantage as you are better prepared. It's also just morally wrong, it's like being given extra time when you don't qualify.

Original post by STUDENTATOOL
I am seriously considering a quick phone call to edexcel, seriously! This was so unfair, people who did it last obviously are going to get A*s and oh yeah well done people who actually did your exam without cheating, the rest of you hope you feel good about yourself 😡😡

I so agree with you guys, but these people won't understand, all they care about is getting good grade by putting little to no effort at all.
Btw there is a way to contact the edexcel from their website using email or call if you want to.
And it is pretty stupid having an exam window of 4 days, i mean obviously they are going to inquire about the exam, but why couldn't everyone do it on the same time?

Well hi!!! I am not at all suprised at you being so bitter and feeling unjust and all however you do realise that you helped us yes, we are grateful but you do realise that whatever was told to us was not entirely true!! And by the way really cheating i don't think so!!! I tell you why?? we didnt access the questions did we?? did we know what actually each question or task consisted of!! No! and by the way if you were doing your paper later and you need the topics then it wouldn't be cheating right!! And by the way those who gave out the topics actually saved so may students who might have got Us if they had no idea!!!! Oh, btw there are moderators who moderate this discussion and if they felt that the exam was being leaked they would have done something! Oh and please this exam had a window and it is not our problem if your teacher selected the first day possible!!! oh n also you do realise that you may need help some day and no one may give it to you because of your attitude!
Original post by Droneon

Yes! I agree and btw he needs to realise that with the kind of way he actually responds to people he might not get any help from any of us " who knew what was coming"
Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
Well hi!!! I am not at all suprised at you being so bitter and feeling unjust and all however you do realise that you helped us yes, we are grateful but you do realise that whatever was told to us was not entirely true!! And by the way really cheating i don't think so!!! I tell you why?? we didnt access the questions did we?? did we know what actually each question or task consisted of!! No! and by the way if you were doing your paper later and you need the topics then it wouldn't be cheating right!! And by the way those who gave out the topics actually saved so may students who might have got Us if they had no idea!!!! Oh, btw there are moderators who moderate this discussion and if they felt that the exam was being leaked they would have done something! Oh and please this exam had a window and it is not our problem if your teacher selected the first day possible!!! oh n also you do realise that you may need help some day and no one may give it to you because of your attitude!

Well if you studied properly and concentrated in class, you wouldn't need any help or get 'U's. And yes we didnt give u the answers, but we told u what was difficult and what came. ex. the IF function and the new letterhead that never came to previous paper. Us the student who gave the exam before didnt know what a letterhead was, so we had to do it on our own. I don't even think the moderators care.
Reply 119
on the power point i managed to write my name but not my candidate number. Do you I will lose a mark for that question because I did eventually staple it together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending