The Student Room Group

Will my AS economics result be a problem for getting offers?

I'm the midst of my AS exams, and next year I'll hope to be applying to do economics at university. I'm taking law, politics and economics to A2, and in my AS' I'll be expecting high A's in law and politics, but I'm slightly concerned about economics, after a time-based disaster on Unit One.. Most of the unis I'd want to apply to require AAA-AAB entry requirements. Will I be held back on getting offers if I only get a B in economics? And if next year I apply to a uni with AAB requirements (Lancaster, Loughborough), is it likely they'll require one of the A's to be in economics?
Thanks TSR. 😊
Economics departments at university do not put huge weighting on Economics A-Level. It shouldn't matter too much.
Original post by kyledean99
I'm the midst of my AS exams, and next year I'll hope to be applying to do economics at university. I'm taking law, politics and economics to A2, and in my AS' I'll be expecting high A's in law and politics, but I'm slightly concerned about economics, after a time-based disaster on Unit One.. Most of the unis I'd want to apply to require AAA-AAB entry requirements. Will I be held back on getting offers if I only get a B in economics? And if next year I apply to a uni with AAB requirements (Lancaster, Loughborough), is it likely they'll require one of the A's to be in economics?
Thanks TSR. 😊

I'd be much more concerned about the lack of A level Maths, which for most of the top unis is required. Economics degree (at most top 25 unis at least) are very mathematical, so that's something to consider before choosing your unis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending