The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol
Original post by Mackay
He's a silly, silly man. His views are abhorrent, to be honest. Jews, women, gays...nobody escapes his wrath.

[video="youtube;JL7h72NigqE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7h72NigqE[/video]

Theres only one Tyson Fury!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naveed-7

Sometimes he just says things that he doesnt really mean. They're just his personal opinions.

They don't count much as personal opinions if he doesn't mean them, surely?
Original post by frankieboy
They don't count much as personal opinions if he doesn't mean them, surely?

Why doesn't he mean them? He says them enough.
Povetkin tested positive, fight with Wilder likely off.

Tbh, they're all on something (except Fury), Povetkin just got caught.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Povetkin tested positive, fight with Wilder likely off.

Tbh, they're all on something (except Fury), Povetkin just got caught.

Reckon AJ is?
What do you expect from Tyson ffs

Its not like he went to Eton

Most athletes just wont voice their opinion, it doesnt mean they dont think the same.

Besides, what he said about jews, is actually right.
Original post by Mackay
Reckon AJ is?

Of course he is. I'd say at least 40 out of the top 50 boxers in the world have been on something at one point. Pretty much every top Haymon/Arum/Oscar/Hearn fighter will be on the stuff. These guys are here to make money, they're going to protect their investments.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Of course he is. I'd say at least 40 out of the top 50 boxers in the world have been on something at one point. Pretty much every top Haymon/Arum/Oscar/Hearn fighter will be on the stuff. These guys are here to make money, they're going to protect their investments.

"At one point" is one thing, but while competing in such big fights? He'd be an idiot. He's bound to be tested regularly - especially with the BBBofC stricter than other countries in relation to stuff like this.
Original post by Mackay
"At one point" is one thing, but while competing in such big fights? He'd be an idiot. He's bound to be tested regularly - especially with the BBBofC stricter than other countries in relation to stuff like this.

Lol I don't really understand the technical side of how and when it affects the body. But their usage (whenever it was) is having an effect on their current performance.

Drug testing in boxing is a joke btw, wherever you are. So easy to get around.
Original post by Mackay
Why doesn't he mean them? He says them enough.

Lol no naveed-7 above me first mentioned about Fury not meaning what he says a few posts above that one I made.

Personally I have no idea whether he means them or not. I'm not a massive fan of his either way tbh. although he's the one with the belt, there's no denying that.
Original post by frankieboy
Lol no naveed-7 above me first mentioned about Fury not meaning what he says a few posts above that one I made.

Personally I have no idea whether he means them or not. I'm not a massive fan of his either way tbh. although he's the one with the belt, there's no denying that.

Agreed. His thoughts may be abhorrent and intolerable - but they don't have any effect on his boxing ability, which is ultimately what he's there to be judged on.
Canelo has vacated his belt lol
Canelo: "I'm hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight."

Just make it happen ffs.
Another fighter talking about how he can beat GGG. How many is that now?
Eubanks needs to focus on that British title.
Eubank Sr: "I would beat Golovkin up. Actually, Mr Eubank, that's disrespectful to say that about somebody you can't fight."

The man literally talks to himself. What a character.
Shannon Briggs...didn't know he was still around tbh. Guy must have some serious money issues, can't imagine what it must be like training at that level at his age. Guy's body must just be riddled with injuries and damage from a 20+ year pro career.
Haye knocks out a bum in two rounds and I don't think his opponent threw a punch. Briggs v Haye next and is the latter really going up the rankings to face Joshua or a title holder with these fights? I'm assuming he's hoping a voluntary defence might allow him to sneak in with a title shot.

In other news, Brook v Vargas to take place in August in Sheffield. Eddie must have got the chequebook out to get the latter to the UK, such is his aversion to let his fighters go abroad.
What a car crash night of boxing. How can promoters even put on a card like that? Everybody involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Matchroom fanboy, but st least their cards are usually more competitive than not.

Got absolutely zero interest in watching Briggs vs Haye.
The Millender/Markham fight was good though. Well done Markham for that one, looked like a very tough fight.

The Haye fight was a farce.

The Briggs fight - I dunno, one couldn't help being mildly impressed with Briggs at that age, great body shots, but still a bit of a non-fight.

Latest