The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 UK and IAL June 2016 model solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kitsune9797
In the question 7(a) I changed all the values from % just to normal decimal ones but didn't change it back to %, how many marks will I lose?

Either 1 or 0.
Thanks fam :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Edexcel S3 UK June 2016 solutions below. IAL ones are coming in the next post by someone else in a bit. I can't upload the actual paper due to copyright violations but if you don't quite remember what a question was, leave a reply below and I'll jog your memory.

Was a easier than usual paper, I think. Wordy questions might lose people a mark or two. High boundaries.

Edit: Q6(c) should read 3 degrees of freedom instead of 2 and a corresponding chi-squared value of 11.345, the conclusion still stands.

Just wondering, did you copy these questions back down from memory or from the actual paper?
Reply 43
Original post by Inges
Just wondering, did you copy these questions back down from memory or from the actual paper?

Actual paper, I didn't sit this paper myself. I'm international.
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Edexcel S3 UK June 2016 solutions below. IAL ones are coming in the next post by someone else in a bit. I can't upload the actual paper due to copyright violations but if you don't quite remember what a question was, leave a reply below and I'll jog your memory.

Was a easier than usual paper, I think. Wordy questions might lose people a mark or two. High boundaries.

Edit: Q6(c) should read 3 degrees of freedom instead of 2 and a corresponding chi-squared value of 11.345, the conclusion still stands.

For 6a, what were your expected frequencies before you pooled them together?
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

When will the Edexcel S3 IAL June 2016 solutions come?
Reply 47
Original post by Varun Gupta
When will the Edexcel S3 IAL June 2016 solutions come?

Yesterday. First page of the thread, post #19.
Original post by Zacken
Yesterday. First page of the thread, post #19.

Ok thanks, sorry didnt see that.

Do you know if there are model answers for chemistry unit 6b ial?
Reply 49
Do you know if there are model answers for chemistry unit 6b ial?

Don't think there are any.
Are there error carried forward marks for IAL s3 paper. For the last question instead of getting E(X)=30*(1/6), I did E(X)=50*30*(1/6).
And even to calculate variance I used 50. And the to get variance of mean distribution I did my answer for variance divided by 50. So how many marks do you think I will get for doing all that?
Original post by Zacken
Don't think there are any.

Ok thanks. Please reply to my other thread if you can. Thanks a lot for helping me.
Reply 52
Are there error carried forward marks for IAL s3 paper. For the last question instead of getting E(X)=30*(1/6), I did E(X)=50*30*(1/6).
And even to calculate variance I used 50. And the to get variance of mean distribution I did my answer for variance divided by 50. So how many marks do you think I will get for doing all that?

Looks like you might lose 2 marks overall - just the accuracy marks.
For 1a, I put 'if the sample size required is large' and 'if the population divides naturally into mutually exclusive groups', and for 1b I put 'if sampling errors need to be estimated (cannot be done in quota sampling as it is non-random)' and 'if the characteristic being sampled is hard to judge'. How many marks do you think I would get out of 4?
Reply 55
Original post by JoshC98
For 1a, I put 'if the sample size required is large' and 'if the population divides naturally into mutually exclusive groups'

and for 1b I put 'if sampling errors need to be estimated (cannot be done in quota sampling as it is non-random)' and 'if the characteristic being sampled is hard to judge'. How many marks do you think I would get out of 4?

Think you'll either get 2 (uncertain about your very last point) or 3.
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

I forgot all my answers by now as I just found this page. Anyways, thanks for posting this.
Would you be able to do it for FP2, M2, C4 and S2? If yes, how long after the exam approximately?
Reply 57
Original post by Fbiemad
I forgot all my answers by now as I just found this page. Anyways, thanks for posting this.
Would you be able to do it for FP2, M2, C4 and S2? If yes, how long after the exam approximately?

I'll be doing FP2 and FP2. Someone else is doing M2, C4 and S2. We can only get our hands on the exam paper exactly 24 hours after the exam. So we'll put it up 25 hours after the exam.
Original post by Zacken
I'll be doing FP2 and FP2. Someone else is doing M2, C4 and S2. We can only get our hands on the exam paper exactly 24 hours after the exam. So we'll put it up 25 hours after the exam.

Oh ok great!
I am assuming you said FP2 and FP3.

Thanks again.
Reply 59
Original post by Fbiemad
Oh ok great!
I am assuming you said FP2 and FP3.

Thanks again.

Yes, that's what I meant! Whoopsies. :lol:

No problem. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest