The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27

Anyway I'm actually worried about City. They've sorted out the midfield with Gundogan, looking to get a CB(Marquinhos rumours) and will probably get a fullback. CL congestion will probably still hurt them again though. Very hard for a team to be consistent in both PL and CL these days.

I think there are 5 or even 6 title contenders.

Didn't Marquinhos overtake Luiz at the end of the season? I think Marquinhos will be very hard to be prized away with T.Silva looking old and Luiz I think I read will be played in the Central midfield more?
CIty will get Laporte
Is signing injured players the way forward?
Reply 363
Original post by Malevolent
Didn't Marquinhos overtake Luiz at the end of the season? I think Marquinhos will be very hard to be prized away with T.Silva looking old and Luiz I think I read will be played in the Central midfield more?

Yeah he did, but that was probably because the season was over.

I guess he would be hard to buy though. Interesting that Luiz is going to be played at CM though, I assume it's to replace Thiago Motta?

Yeah that's probably coz PSG won the league early on so they could play Marquinhos more
Original post by Rk2k14
Is signing injured players the way forward?

No but signing injured forwards is the way players.
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah that's probably coz PSG won the league early on so they could play Marquinhos more

No I know they won the league early but I think their going to play Luiz as Jam said in CM to replace Motta.
Is anyone else opting for Higuain instead of Ibra? I mean, even on free transfer, he'll eat up a ton of wages. Plus French League is nowhere near the quality of the BPL. I think Falcao is a testament to that.
Original post by CristianoNaruto
Is anyone else opting for Higuain instead of Ibra? I mean, even on free transfer, he'll eat up a ton of wages. Plus French League is nowhere near the quality of the BPL. I think Falcao is a testament to that.

First of all Ibra would work out cheaper than Higuain

Second of all why would it matter anyways

Third of all poor logic with the french league is no where near quality of the BPL. Martial comes from the ligue 1 and so has Hazard etc. Not to mention Zlatan has played at top level in the Spanish and Italian league also (which Higuain has played at too) so that argument is so invalid.

Higuain will cost upwards of £60million,

Lowe dat.

Money we'd make from Ibra's shirt sales would probably cover his wages.
No I know they won the league early but I think their going to play Luiz as Jam said in CM to replace Motta.

Personally doubt they'd do that especially as they're trying to win CL, they'll need a real DM. They've been linked with Lass/Kroos/Busquets recently so one could say they are actively looking idk?
Personally doubt they'd do that especially as they're trying to win CL, they'll need a real DM. They've been linked with Lass/Kroos/Busquets recently so one could say they are actively looking idk?

Luiz is a good DM, much better at that then CB.

Don't see who they could realistically get to play that position, so its a plausible idea.
On another note, has anyone seen Phil Jones's hair style :tongue:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
On another note, has anyone seen Phil Jones's hair style :tongue:

Thoughts on Ramsey's?

Rate Aaron/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Thoughts on Ramsey's?

Rate Aaron/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it suits Ramsey more than Jones :redface:
Higuain will have more competition for him, will be 50mill+ and has shown no particular interest in United. His wages will also be high.

Ibra will be a free, his wages will be high, his shirt sales will be outrageous, no one else in the big leagues immediately strike me as wanting him and he loves Mourinho.

I don't think we'll get Zlatan, but a better option if it means we spend that 50mill elsewhere.
Man like Sanches.

Did more in 10mins then our so called 'golden youth'.
Mourinho in the crowd at Wembley tonight. Good to see Smalling laid on a performance for him.

First of all Ibra would work out cheaper than Higuain

Second of all why would it matter anyways

Third of all poor logic with the french league is no where near quality of the BPL. Martial comes from the ligue 1 and so has Hazard etc. Not to mention Zlatan has played at top level in the Spanish and Italian league also (which Higuain has played at too) so that argument is so invalid.

falcao was injured the season before transferring to us i believe...had sicknote written all over him...
@Dirtybit
I guess bae's staying then:h:

Latest