The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Leniency on results day

I have an offer for maths to achieve AAB in maths, further maths and product design, but I feel I will come out with AAC with the C in product design

would i still have a chance of getting in?

has anyone gotten in under their offer?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Yeah there's a chance you can still get in, it depends on the uni & how many people achieved their grades this year.

Like my current uni wanted AAB for my course, I got ABB and they still accepted me. But you don't know how well you did, so don't put yourself down :smile: Wait till results day.

I'll be transferring to Exeter this September if I get a 2:1 this year though :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Katiee224
I have an offer for maths to achieve AAB in maths, further maths and product design, but I feel I will come out with AAC with the C in product design

would i still have a chance of getting in?

has anyone gotten in under their offer?

Yes, bit my tip is to get your resilys as soon as possible, know who you are meant to be ringing and get onto them asap, so you are first in line.

They mau say you will have to wait until they get a better picture of how many accpetances they have, but if they have spare places left, then you need to try and claim one of those asap.
Reply 3
Original post by eden3
Yeah there's a chance you can still get in, it depends on the uni & how many people achieved their grades this year.

Like my current uni wanted AAB for my course, I got ABB and they still accepted me. But you don't know how well you did, so don't put yourself down :smile: Wait till results day.

I'll be transferring to Exeter this September if I get a 2:1 this year though :biggrin:

ah nice whats your current uni? are you applying to exeter and lancaster? I saw you in the other thread :P

Original post by 999tigger
Yes, bit my tip is to get your resilys as soon as possible, know who you are meant to be ringing and get onto them asap, so you are first in line.

They mau say you will have to wait until they get a better picture of how many accpetances they have, but if they have spare places left, then you need to try and claim one of those asap.

thats good advice thanks, I'll call up straight away :smile:
Reply 4
ah nice whats your current uni? are you applying to exeter and lancaster? I saw you in the other thread :P

Take a look at my thread, they're both (slightly different) offers for 2nd entry into my course but I firmed Exeter :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3973933&p=63773669#post63773669

thats good advice thanks, I'll call up straight away :smile:

You dont have your results yet and may not have sat all your exams.
Offers are given on the basis that through experience enough, will reach them, but not too many. This gives them more scope to fill in the places by those who drop a grade or who have different grades than the ones offered. Good luck anyway.

It would be ridiculous to lose out or regret not ringing up first thing. The same goes for if you want to find a place on clearing. First come first served.

Do remember its not the end of the world if you dont get what you want and you can resit. Better to go where you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending