The Student Room Group

Do you ever get over your first love

Essentially that
Never. The feelings will fade away with time but if he comes back so do the feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes:innocent:
Original post by sararodrigues
Never. The feelings will fade away with time but if he comes back so do the feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I get that feeling. I see my special person everyday and it feels like hell
Dont worry, time fixes everything. It's been almost three years since my first love and I'm still scared every time I see him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yes yes yes yes and YESSSSSSSSSSSS!! If you are writing this post because you are wondering if you can personally get over your first love.. you can!! I remember my first love broke my heart at the tender age of 15 having been with him for just over a year. Back in those days everyone in my class would practically hail down at me for being with someone so long because the usual upper school relationships lasted for around 2 weeks haha :biggrin: Anyway, I was in pieces, and I would walk through the school corridors in tears every time i saw him. Anyway, I stalked his social media for 6 months after the break up, I constantly texted him all the time which i thoroughly regret and I felt like I would never ever get over him. I have to say, I didn't really try to make an effort to get over him which I wish I did. But here's the advice I would have given myself as an older and wiser version.

It is possible but you have to cut yourself off completely. Don't do any of that "We can stay friends" ********tt, it will not help in anyway at all!!!

Find things to do to occupy yourself and make yourself the best version of yourself that you can, so go to the gym and work on that body and study so you can work on that intelligence and be successful. Once you are the best version of yourself and busy doing too many other things to think about your ex you will find that people will come to you. I am not saying go on the rebound but I am saying you should wait until your ready and if someone shows an interest in you, who you like back.. then go for it.

It is the keeping yourself busy and taking your mind off it which is the hardest thing to do, but with ties cut from your ex it will be sooooooooooo much easier trust me. I believe that you can do it and once you meet your second love, you won't even remember the first. Good luck with it all and besides what people say, it is most certainly possible. Time heals everything <3
You apparently can, but I haven't yet.
Original post by Sapz_9
Time heals everything <3

Time heals nothing except physical wounds. All time does is make it easier to cope.
Reply 8
Original post by sararodrigues
Dont worry, time fixes everything. It's been almost three years since my first love and I'm still scared every time I see him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has been around 3 since my first love as well and when I see him I feel nothing. Memories do not fade but feelings do. There is nothing to be afraid of so don't feel scared when you see him, feel fabulous! You're very pretty x
Reply 9
Original post by The_JoKeR
Time heals nothing except physical wounds. All time does is make it easier to cope.

I disagree, time can heal emotional wounds as well. When time passes those feelings of hurt and anger fade and you learn to let go of the past and forget. If time does not heal emotional wounds, then how can people get over things and learn to forgive? Your statement would mean people never forgive and forget and I believe that to be very possible.

When people lose a relationship they are very upset and hurt but over time they learn not only to cope but to move on and possibly forgive their ex and have no bitter feelings. Evidence of not only coping but healing and then they can love again
I do not have feelings for him. It's just that I believe that you have one person that can have control over you and manipulate (meaning make you think you love them). That person is my first love which is why I'm scared to see him which is once a year on holidays. Thank you for the compliment xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone's different, so it just depends.

Some say time heals everything whilst others believe that true love never dies.

Personally, when I look back on everyone I've ever loved, I feel nothing. I don't differentiate my 'first love' from the others because they're all equally meaningless to me at this point.

It will of course depend on whether they stay in your life/you still see them around. I never kept anyone in my life and never see them.
Yes she was a bastard
yes you do.
it took me around 2 months then i realised i can do way better
Reply 14
Yes and No. Sometimes I see him and wonder why I ever saw him like I did, but at other times I miss the way we were.
Yes - of course you do. You only don't get over it if you choose to relive it all and dwell on what might have happened. But it didn't happen and isn't going to so the sooner you accept that and move on, the better.

Good luck!
Yes. I got over my first love and ended up meeting my true love instead :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending