The Student Room Group

Opinions on sex on period

What are your views ? And what they say about it being a natural contraception?

Scroll to see replies

As long as you clean up beforehand,don't really see much of an issue
:no:

Spoiler

It's bloody brilliant.
I'm a big fan of sex.

Using anything other than contraception as contraception is retarded.
Reply 5
Original post by Drunk Punx
I'm a big fan of sex.

Using anything other than contraception as contraception is retarded.

Not really for that reason, I just remember about how people say that having sex on period reduces chances of getting pregnant . Just a random thing I remembered. I'm just trying to ask what people's views are.
Apparently you can still get pregnant.
Reply 7
Original post by queen-bee
As long as you clean up beforehand,don't really see much of an issue

And also after as well
Reply 8
I don't think I'd try it.
Posted from TSR Mobile
You can still get pregnant while having see on your period,the idea that you can't is a myth.
Reply 10
I feel sick
Reply 11
Hi I'm 12 and what is this
Reply 12
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
You can still get pregnant while having see on your period,the idea that you can't is a myth.

Interesting , because of ovulation, right?
Reply 13
Original post by loveleest
Apparently you can still get pregnant.

fair enough
Reply 14
As to the aesthetics with a relationship with a trusted partner is no problem. The blood isn't so much and it's just another body fluid after all.

As to a means of contraception it's low risk but not zero risk. I wouldn't contemplate it if a baby with the person in question would be an unmitigated disaster for any reason.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BristolFresher15
It's bloody brilliant.

just to let you know

Spoiler

Original post by fatima1998
just to let you know

Spoiler

So? What does that have to do with me?
Reply 17
Original post by Zarek
As to the aesthetics with a relationship with a trusted partner is no problem. The blood isn't so much and it's just another body fluid after all.

As to a means of contraception it's low risk but not zero risk. I wouldn't contemplate it if a baby with the person in question would be an unmitigated disaster for any reason.

Interesting and it's alright with my partner and I can understand. Fair enough :smile:
It's still possible to get pregnant if you have sex on your period! You'll ovulate when you ovulate, and the blood won't prevent all the sperm reaching your egg/s.

A little biology lesson:
You can only get pregnant within the 24 hour window of ovulation (egg release from ovaries). Sperm can survive for up to 7 days in your body. On average, women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle (14 days after bleeding started). That being said, you could ovulate at any time of the month depending on many factors. If you happened to release an egg within 7 days after having unprotected sex, you are likely to get pregnant.

So always use protection. :smile:
Never had a problem with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending