The Student Room Group

Is this considered lying?

So i met this girl online, shes beautiful no doubt and we exchanged numbers. Now i have a profile picture of me from 3 years ago that i never changed, and it was when i was way slimmer ( I've gained quite a bit of weight over the years, it doesn't look nice at all). Now she wants to facetime me all the time, but when i say no she gets the notion of me being a catfish when really i just don't feel confident showing what i look like now compared to previous years. Now of course i've started working out again and taking care of myself but i just feel as if she thinks im a damn catfish. Eventually i will facetime her but only when i've sorted myself out. So my question is, how do i deter the subject of facetime until i've reached my body goals and look more presentable?
Original post by Daniyal_Chou
So i met this girl online, shes beautiful no doubt and we exchanged numbers. Now i have a profile picture of me from 3 years ago that i never changed, and it was when i was way slimmer ( I've gained quite a bit of weight over the years, it doesn't look nice at all). Now she wants to facetime me all the time, but when i say no she gets the notion of me being a catfish when really i just don't feel confident showing what i look like now compared to previous years. Now of course i've started working out again and taking care of myself but i just feel as if she thinks im a damn catfish. Eventually i will facetime her but only when i've sorted myself out. So my question is, how do i deter the subject of facetime until i've reached my body goals and look more presentable?

You can't..... the only way to verify, to her, that you aren't a catfish is to show her yourself on facetime or whatever, that's the only way otherwise she'll just keep believing what she wants until she sees some evidence saying otherwise.
Reply 2
i think that you should just tell her the truth and continue to work out.

I wouldn't call it lying as lots of people have really old profile pics and besides, it will have the date it was uploaded on it, won't it (I'm assuming this is a site like Facebook)?

If she's worth your time, she won't reject you based on how you look. But, you can be certain if you keep refusing to FaceTime without an explanation she will (reasonably) think the worst i.e. that you aren't who you say you are. So, your best chance is to agree and hope that she is not shallow.

Good luck, man

You should tell her the truth. You're obviously insecure about hiding this from her, as well as being insecure in yourself. If you've been talking for a bit and she wants to facetime you, then it indicates that she likes you and your personality. If she is a good fit for you then I am sure she will understand, if she doesn't understand - well, then there isn't much you can do but realise that you weren't the right fit. :dontknow:
I hope all works out for you.
You kind of are a catfish tbf
Reply 6
Yeah **** it, ill just tell her. Cheers
Reply 7
Original post by ?Hannah
i think that you should just tell her the truth and continue to work out.

Yeah its seems logical
Reply 8
Original post by Platopus
I wouldn't call it lying as lots of people have really old profile pics and besides, it will have the date it was uploaded on it, won't it (I'm assuming this is a site like Facebook)?

If she's worth your time, she won't reject you based on how you look. But, you can be certain if you keep refusing to FaceTime without an explanation she will (reasonably) think the worst i.e. that you aren't who you say you are. So, your best chance is to agree and hope that she is not shallow.

Good luck, man

Thank you brother!
Thank you brother!

*sister :tongue:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
You should tell her the truth. You're obviously insecure about hiding this from her, as well as being insecure in yourself. If you've been talking for a bit and she wants to facetime you, then it indicates that she likes you and your personality. If she is a good fit for you then I am sure she will understand, if she doesn't understand - well, then there isn't much you can do but realise that you weren't the right fit. :dontknow:
I hope all works out for you.

Thanks man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending