The Student Room Group

Foundations for South Asian skin tones

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eternalflames
Most guys don't know, but it was my dad who taught me how to do my make up :lol:

He made a short film ages ago and worked with a make up artist, so he found out there

That just sounds so CUTE :h:

This isn't related to your question but how do you guys overcome your make up cracking? I have pretty deep smile lines which makes I look like a clown most of the time. :sad:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

This isn't related to your question but how do you guys overcome your make up cracking? I have pretty deep smile lines which makes I look like a clown most of the time. :sad:

Hahaha thanks :lol:

Aww, I don't know how to help on that one :frown:
Hopefully @Mochassassin, @Pride&Prejudice and @fc93 can help you out :hugs:

Also what do you do about foundations, which ones work for you? :smile:
I'm all about that natural beauty:lol: I really don't know, I don't wear make up so I'm useless XD
Original post by ravioliyears
I'm all about that natural beauty:lol: I really don't know, I don't wear make up so I'm useless XD

Haha, I am most days too. I just wear make up for when I have to :lol:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

I use a beauty blender to smooth everything out and then use Makeup Revolution's Setting/Fixing Spray! :smile:
Original post by Pride&Prejudice
Hey,

I used to use Mac studio fix fluid, it's really good and process medium to thick coverage, but it often caused breakouts as I have oily skin. But i would recommend you try it, or at least go into selfridges Mac counter and test whether you like the consistency of it, it's really thick and a matte finish too.

They have so many shades so there's bound to be one that matches perfectly for you, since you have warm undertones you'll probably be a NC shade. As NW shades are for people with pink undertones.

I currently use Nars Sheer Glow foundation and I also recommend that, as its lightweight and you barely feel it - I don't really have any scars or anything major blemishes, I do have dark circles and only wear makeup to look more alive lol.

Also if you go go into selfridges or boots then make sure you check out Estée Lauder double wear foundation it's matte finish and I think it lasts for like 12 hours or something. I have a sample of Estée Lauder foundation and it provides medium to thick coverage and its matte - also I think it's best selling foundation of 2016.

Let me know how you get on

I tried the MAC studio fix, Estee Lauder double wear testers and the consistency was fine for me but the colours weren't right. At the Estee Lauder counter she did the colour match scan thing, then it came up with 4 close shades. The 3W2 - Cashew was the closest for me, but when I applied to my face it looked yellow :/
The girl at MAC must have been blind as she said the one I picked up, NC 42, would be light for me and recommended the NC 44. Both were too dark and orange-looking for my skin tone.
I haven't bought either yet because I need to find the closest shades to my skin, without it looking yellow or orange.
Hi

I would say "Bare Minerals" ... (Brightening Serum)

Hands down, its the best foundation as its mineral based and therefore kinder to your skin. This range was developed a couple of years ago with lots of shades to reflect cool, warm, golden undertones etc.

A much better match than MAC in my opinion.

Go into a large department store or a large Boots store with a Bare Minerals counter and request to be matched and to take a sample home to try...

I have included a link where you can see the shades alongside "real women"

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bareminerals-bareskin-pure-brightening-serum-foundation-broad-spectrum-spf-20/3722302

Let us know what you go for eventually :smile:

Liz
Original post by Madame Skin
Hi

I would say "Bare Minerals" ... (Brightening Serum)

Hands down, its the best foundation as its mineral based and therefore kinder to your skin. This range was developed a couple of years ago with lots of shades to reflect cool, warm, golden undertones etc.

A much better match than MAC in my opinion.

Go into a large department store or a large Boots store with a Bare Minerals counter and request to be matched and to take a sample home to try...

I have included a link where you can see the shades alongside "real women"

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bareminerals-bareskin-pure-brightening-serum-foundation-broad-spectrum-spf-20/3722302

Let us know what you go for eventually :smile:

Liz

Yeah I went to Bare Minerals around the time I tried MAC and Estee Lauder. I like mineral foundations and would use it for everyday wear instead of thick liquid foundation.
I don't think I tried the brightening serum, but I shall have a look next time I go to Debenhams or Boots :smile:
Original post by Eternalflames
Hey everyone!

I'd like to buy a new foundation since my current one is too dark for my skin tone.

What brands do you recommend I should go for? I'm thinking MAC but I'm open to all others too.

Is liquid foundation better or mineral? I personally don't have a problem with either

What has worked for you? Let me know :biggrin:

EDIT: I have a warm undertone, so I need foundations that would have this

nars is queen (for most colours i think)

giorgio armani - the luminous silk is great for war tones

Quick Reply

Latest