The Student Room Group

What would you do if you almost got raped?

Sorry, it's a bit of a heavy topic. I want to post here for the anonymity and I'd like to ask your guys' advice.
A few days ago, at a party, this guy dragged me into a bathroom stall and tried to push me down. Before that, he was hitting me. Of course I told him to stop and screw off, but he never listened. I didn't want to create too much of a havoc at the time because we were among friends, so he probably had the impression that I was an easy target. He was drunk but I was completely sober.
Anyway, when he dragged me in, I was hitting him back and said that if he didn't let me go, I'd scream for help. He had enough sense to back off then. The disgusting thing was though, he then said that he was just joking, he was just playing. When we were back at the party, he said to me, in front of everyone else, that we were just playing. He told me not to tell anyone else what happened.
The next morning, when I confronted him with my bruise marks, he said that he didn't know what where they came from and he had forgotten everything the night before. Later he admitted that he did in fact remember. He apologised, and said that he just liked to joke around. He asked me not to take it seriously. I can't report him, but I know I can never forgive him in my heart. He's been apologising to me continuously. Should I even bother telling him how serious rape is in a civilised world? Or should I just say that I forgive him? I don't want this to happen again, but he is a stubborn bastard.
Original post by harmonicelysia
Sorry, it's a bit of a heavy topic. I want to post here for the anonymity and I'd like to ask your guys' advice.
A few days ago, at a party, this guy dragged me into a bathroom stall and tried to push me down. Before that, he was hitting me. Of course I told him to stop and screw off, but he never listened. I didn't want to create too much of a havoc at the time because we were among friends, so he probably had the impression that I was an easy target. He was drunk but I was completely sober.
Anyway, when he dragged me in, I was hitting him back and said that if he didn't let me go, I'd scream for help. He had enough sense to back off then. The disgusting thing was though, he then said that he was just joking, he was just playing. When we were back at the party, he said to me, in front of everyone else, that we were just playing. He told me not to tell anyone else what happened.
The next morning, when I confronted him with my bruise marks, he said that he didn't know what where they came from and he had forgotten everything the night before. Later he admitted that he did in fact remember. He apologised, and said that he just liked to joke around. He asked me not to take it seriously. I can't report him, but I know I can never forgive him in my heart. He's been apologising to me continuously. Should I even bother telling him how serious rape is in a civilised world? Or should I just say that I forgive him? I don't want this to happen again, but he is a stubborn bastard.

This is completely and utterly unacceptable and illegal to boot. Do you have text message evidence of any of this? I would be getting in touch with the police if I were you, it's assault if nothing else and attempted rape at worst
This was attempted rape if you'd not threatened to scream you'd have been raped.

You should report this guy to the authorities, he evidently knows how serious what he's done is if he told you to keep it quiet the dude isn't stupid and "I don't remember I was drunk" is the "dog ate my homework" of excuses.
I think if you let it go he's gonna think he got away with it and you never know he could do it to you again or someone else! You have text message proof so report it please. It's not worth the risk and like people said, had you not screamed you would've been at that police station waiting for the guy to get arrested for raping you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending