The Student Room Group

First time worries

Hello, I feel very silly for worrying about this but at the weekend I had protected sex with my boyfriend, I'm sure that the condom didn't split or slip off, since it was my first time I'm just worried that some how I could become pregnant from this, I know that there is a very slim chance just the slim chance is worrying me and I have brought a pregnancy test, I was just wondering when would I be able to do this and for it to be accurate, if I had protected sex on the Saturday and Sunday just passed? Before I was sexually active I visited my doctors to be put on the combined pill I tried that for 4 days before realising I was allergic as it made my arm numb and I fainted from it, I then went back to my doctors and told them about what had happened I was immediately taken off the pill and told to wait for my natural period to come back and then go back to the doctors after 2 months and to be tried on the pill with just one hormone instead of two, I intend to be on the pill soon and to take it regularly so that I'm not worried about pregnancy. Am I over reacting in the sense of thinking I'm pregnant??
I think it's normal to worry over things like this, however the chance of you getting pregnant is about 1% or less so don't stress over it. You can try the implant if the pill isn't for you, but you might gain weight from the implant.
Can't go wrong with the implant if you want to be sexually active, I wouldn't worry about it. It's normal to worry, and yes you're overreacting
Reply 3
Original post by loveleest
I think it's normal to worry over things like this, however the chance of you getting pregnant is about 1% or less so don't stress over it. You can try the implant if the pill isn't for you, but you might gain weight from the implant.

Thankyou so much! I've been so worried over it, do you think it would be a good idea to still do a pregnancy test?
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou so much! I've been so worried over it, do you think it would be a good idea to still do a pregnancy test?

I think it would be pointless but to be safe you could try if you want to.
Its ok to worry but you are fine
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I feel very silly for worrying about this but at the weekend I had protected sex with my boyfriend, I'm sure that the condom didn't split or slip off, since it was my first time I'm just worried that some how I could become pregnant from this, I know that there is a very slim chance just the slim chance is worrying me and I have brought a pregnancy test, I was just wondering when would I be able to do this and for it to be accurate, if I had protected sex on the Saturday and Sunday just passed? Before I was sexually active I visited my doctors to be put on the combined pill I tried that for 4 days before realising I was allergic as it made my arm numb and I fainted from it, I then went back to my doctors and told them about what had happened I was immediately taken off the pill and told to wait for my natural period to come back and then go back to the doctors after 2 months and to be tried on the pill with just one hormone instead of two, I intend to be on the pill soon and to take it regularly so that I'm not worried about pregnancy. Am I over reacting in the sense of thinking I'm pregnant??

Best course of action is to book a GP appointment and then discuss the various forms of contraception. Have a quick read online of the different types:

- Combined pill
- Progestogen only pill
- Subdermal implants
- Coils
- Injection
There's some others too! :smile:

There's way more out there than the pill and make sure to agree with what's most suitable for you. As for a pregnancy test, they detect a hormone called hCG around week 3 post fertilisation. Don't want to say 100% but there's a very significant chance you're not pregnant so don't worry!
Reply 7
Original post by Zygomaticus
Best course of action is to book a GP appointment and then discuss the various forms of contraception. Have a quick read online of the different types:

- Combined pill
- Progestogen only pill
- Subdermal implants
- Coils
- Injection
There's some others too! :smile:

There's way more out there than the pill and make sure to agree with what's most suitable for you. As for a pregnancy test, they detect a hormone called hCG around week 3 post fertilisation. Don't want to say 100% but there's a very significant chance you're not pregnant so don't worry!

Thankyou! I have a doctors appointment in 2 months once my period is back on track to discuss going on the other pill with just one hormone and hopefully that will work! Thanks again I was so worried about it
Original post by Foo.mp3
Why mess with your body's natural balances when it's clearly so harmful to you, among many other young women?

I urge you to discuss other options with your GP :erm:

Probably. Many couples can find it hard to conceive even when they're trying, sans protection, day in day out (don't take any risks, mind)! :console:

thank god I no*longer take them!*they messed me up big time*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending