The Student Room Group

Are men less loyal than women?

Just watched a documentary on prisons which said that women prisoners tend to get a lot fewer visitors than male prisoners. For example if a man is in prison his gf/wife will visit but not so much when the genders are reversed and apparently it's a common theme across all prisons. I was surprised as I thought that men were just as loyal as women.
I think women in jail are less likely to have partners then men in jail, so they have less people to visit them.
Reply 2
One thing to consider is the fact that women are less likely to be jailed, maybe this is a factor as women have to commit worse crimes.
Reply 3
Original post by Zargabaath
I think women in jail are less likely to have partners then men in jail, so they have less people to visit them.

Why so though, you mean the man leaves her as soon as she goes in lol.
Original post by Anonymous
Why so though, you mean the man leaves her as soon as she goes in lol.

No, i mean i don't think the type of women who end up in jail are really those who attract many men in the first place.
Unsure about prison dynamics, but on the topic of loyalty I've found that when women break up/get dumped in relationships, they are usually the first to fill the void with another man. To me, this is quite unloyal. Quite often, this man was 'just a friend' during the relationship. Do women subconsciously keep options open, even when in a relationship? Who knows. Entirely anecdotal.
Reply 6
Original post by Zargabaath
No, i mean i don't think the type of women who end up in jail are really those who attract many men in the first place.

Ok good point but then you could say that about men
Original post by Anonymous
Ok good point but then you could say that about men

I could, but let's be real. More girls are attracted to bad boy thug type men, then men are to bad girl thug type women.
Original post by hezzlington
Unsure about prison dynamics, but on the topic of loyalty I've found that when women break up/get dumped in relationships, they are usually the first to fill the void with another man. To me, this is quite unloyal. Quite often, this man was 'just a friend' during the relationship. Do women subconsciously keep options open, even when in a relationship? Who knows. Entirely anecdotal.

When I broke up with my guy, I didn't get into another relationship right away as I have other priorities in mind. To tell you the truth if I felt like a great man came along, I wouldn't mind getting into a relationship, even after a break up. It also helps me think less about missing my ex. However I know some women who keep their option open even if they are in a relationship, if they're not married then there isn't something official binding them together so they still look out for other potentials.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending