The Student Room Group

Lost national insurance number

I lost my national insurance number. I would really prefer to find out online, if that is not possible i could use a phone but I do not want to go to any government buildings to get it. I am trying to use the complicated website the government made. I have to fill some stupid CA5403 form which is dumb. It gets weird where it says if you know you NIN fill online form (why would i need to fill an online form if i already know my NIN) and the second option was if you don't know number apply by post (not an option). Can you actually find out your national number online (or maybe on the phone) if you're 16.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is applying by post not an option? I've also lost my NI number but I am 17. Just reminded me I need to get my NI number..
You can call and ask for another letter. The number is 0300 200 3500 and they'll sort you out with a replacement, but your number will still be the same of course.
It is 100% impossible to find it out online or by phone I'm afraid at your age.

To get it back you need to call
0300 200 3500

it is open;
8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm, Saturday
Closed Sundays and bank holidaysThey will then ask for some details once you say you have lost it. After all this they'll post it to you and it'll be with you by the end of the week :smile:Hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 4
P.S. If that's HMRC you need to call then I'd recommend calling really, really early in the morning.
Reply 5
I got my number 2 months ago after calling, but for some reason the phone number on mine is : 0300 200 3501 rather than 3500? So if you don't get through to the first one try that instead.
Reply 6
Thank you guys
Original post by Inexorably
P.S. If that's HMRC you need to call then I'd recommend calling really, really early in the morning.

Why early morning?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Why early morning?

I've found that pretty much any when after early morning + you're looking at a very long wait time on the phone. Being on hold for over an hour is not very fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending