The Student Room Group

Deferred entry clearing opportunities

Basically last year I chose to take a deferred entry due to medical reasons and now after talking with doctors/family they basically think it would be better if I was going to a university that was easier to get to.

My question is; would I be able to go through clearing even though I'm currently in a deferred year in order to study at a university that is handier to get to?

Thanks - Johnny
Original post by aturnipisaswede
Basically last year I chose to take a deferred entry due to medical reasons and now after talking with doctors/family they basically think it would be better if I was going to a university that was easier to get to.

My question is; would I be able to go through clearing even though I'm currently in a deferred year in order to study at a university that is handier to get to?

Thanks - Johnny

You can't be holding a place anywhere to be able to go through clearing
Original post by claireestelle
You can't be holding a place anywhere to be able to go through clearing

So the only real choice besides taking another year off from uni is to go to the one I have a place in?
So the only real choice besides taking another year off from uni is to go to the one I have a place in?

Sorry i should have been clearer. You can give up the deferred place, do a whole fresh ucas application for 2016 entry and see what you can find in clearing if you wanted to. It all depends where you wanted to apply to whether or not there will be places left.
Original post by claireestelle
Sorry i should have been clearer. You can give up the deferred place, do a whole fresh ucas application for 2016 entry and see what you can find in clearing if you wanted to. It all depends where you wanted to apply to whether or not there will be places left.

Do you mean a whole new 2016 UCAS application or can I simply give up the place from my current application and then use that to apply to universities when it comes to the time of clearing? I know it would be a bit of a lottery draw if it did come to that - not knowing a lot about the universities offering places through clearing.

Also do you know the deadline for doing that?
Do you mean a whole new 2016 UCAS application or can I simply give up the place from my current application and then use that to apply to universities when it comes to the time of clearing? I know it would be a bit of a lottery draw if it did come to that - not knowing a lot about the universities offering places through clearing.

Also do you know the deadline for doing that?

If you originally applied for 2015 entry then deferred, you need to make a whole new one after giving up your deferred place. Clearing starts on Tuesday so you might want to sort it as soon as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending