The Student Room Group

Guys, do you mind if a girl is not the motherly type?

Guys, do you mind if a girlfriend is not the girly motherly caring type, as in she doesnt particularly like cooking, making sandwiches, doing laundary etc and she spends her spare time keeping fit/is athletic.

Scroll to see replies

Some do, some don't. You'll just get mixed responses from everybody. Personally, I don't really mind and I suspect most wouldn't
Original post by Anonymous
Guys, do you mind if a girlfriend is not the girly motherly caring type, as in she doesnt particularly like cooking, making sandwiches, doing laundary etc and she spends her spare time keeping fit/is athletic.

They shouldn't mind imo.

Massive turn off and most guys I know definitely wouldn't put a ring on it in the future,
Reply 5
Original post by Protoxylic
Some do, some don't. You'll just get mixed responses from everybody. Personally, I don't really mind and I suspect most wouldn't

Yea i know it depends on the guy, I dont mean that she never cooks/does housework though lol just that she doesnt have that motherly/housewife tendancy.
I wouldn't go for any guy that did mind. :K:
Original post by loveleest
They shouldn't mind imo.

lols you really are in your own world.

I really hope you dont end up as a crazy old cat lady
Original post by Esoteric-

lol...
You should be able to take care of yourself. Or do you need Mummy to rely on and do baby things for you?
they say you can't turn a hoe into a housewife
Yea i know it depends on the guy, I dont mean that she never cooks/does housework though lol just that she doesnt have that motherly/housewife tendancy.

Personally don't mind

So you are basically asking if guys will mind the fact that you're not very feminine?.....I suspect only men who are attracted to females will have an issue with it.

Typical shaming tactic used to be used to control women :tongue:
Well I would want our child to have a caring mother. But I don't see my wife as being a servant to the family- she should be a working, active person who is also caring.
That's fine, I love cooking, and household chores should be a mutual effort tbh :cute:
Original post by loveleest
lol...
You should be able to take care of yourself. Or do you need Mummy to rely on and do baby things for you?

This is the best response you could have given me. You have clearly completely missed the point here.

The point is that men are attracted to feminity in women, and there are typical qualities and interests women have that men associate with femininity.

If you do not have these qualities or these interests, you run the risk of men not seeing you as sufficiently feminine and thus not being attracted to you.
Original post by indigofox
Typical shaming tactic used to be used to control women :tongue:

I dont need to shame her.

The longer she gives off this whole "I'm a strong independent woman" vibe, the shame will come when she finds there is a scarcity of men who are interested in being with her.
So you are basically asking if guys will mind the fact that you're not very feminine?.....I suspect only men who are attracted to females will have an issue with it.

Well depends what you mean by feminine but looking around it seems that men often play sports/have some hobby in their spare time. I was just asking what guys would think if a girl had this sporty lifestyle rather than being stuck at home cooking and cleaning.
Well depends what you mean by feminine but looking around it seems that men often play sports/have some hobby in their spare time. I was just asking what guys would think if a girl had this sporty lifestyle rather than being stuck at home cooking and cleaning.

i dont think anyone enjoys being stuck at home cooking and cleaning, man or woman. Also unless you are married, have kids and have chosen to be a housewife, no one should expect you to spend your days at home cooking and cleaning.

There's nothing wrong with you liking sports, its just your post comes across as you kinda saying "I dont like typical girl stuff. will guys still like me?"
I dont need to shame her.

The longer she gives off this whole "I'm a strong independent woman" vibe, the shame will come when she finds there is a scarcity of men who are interested in being with her.

Where did i mention about independance? Im talking about within a relationship and hobbies I dont know what you are on about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending