The Student Room Group

Is this course worth it?

I have applied for a level 3 health and social care course which lasts 2 years. My end goal is to have a career in caring for the disabled or nursing, or anywhere in between.
I've found a care home which is looking for carers and nurses, they are also willing to train people up to be a carer or nurse.
My question is, is it worth taking the health and social care course when instead I could go straight into training and get paid?
Original post by Miss.Bielzibub
I have applied for a level 3 health and social care course which lasts 2 years. My end goal is to have a career in caring for the disabled or nursing, or anywhere in between.
I've found a care home which is looking for carers and nurses, they are also willing to train people up to be a carer or nurse.
My question is, is it worth taking the health and social care course when instead I could go straight into training and get paid?

I would ask the care home, for how long they would want you to be a carer before becoming a nurse (i'm sure it'd be months or even years before they paid for a secondment). Every nursing course needs a level 3 course so if for any reason something went wrong with the care home, you'd have to go back and do the course anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest