The Student Room Group

Personal statement help?

I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement for UCAS in which I am using to apply for Medicine. However, I want to use Geography as my 5th choice in case I don't get any offers for Medicine. Would I still have a chance of getting an offer in Geography with a Medicine personal statement??
Original post by georgiaking
I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement for UCAS in which I am using to apply for Medicine. However, I want to use Geography as my 5th choice in case I don't get any offers for Medicine. Would I still have a chance of getting an offer in Geography with a Medicine personal statement??

You could use a separate personal statement for the geography course
Reply 2
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
You could use a separate personal statement for the geography course

My UCAS application only allows me to submit 1 personal statement though
Original post by georgiaking

You can only submit one personal statement per application and this gets sent to all of the universities and courses you apply for.*
It's not likely to be offered a place for geography, both courses are vastly different and it will be glaringly obvious to admissions tutors that you are not fully committed to either course if you write about both. Realistically there will be plenty of applicants with geography-only personal statements and they will be much more likely to offer a place to someone who is only interested in doing that course. You also need to consider whether it is medicine you want to do and whether you would really be happy doing geography instead.*
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte49
You can only submit one personal statement per application and this gets sent to all of the universities and courses you apply for.*
It's not likely to be offered a place for geography, both courses are vastly different and it will be glaringly obvious to admissions tutors that you are not fully committed to either course if you write about both. Realistically there will be plenty of applicants with geography-only personal statements and they will be much more likely to offer a place to someone who is only interested in doing that course. You also need to consider whether it is medicine you want to do and whether you would really be happy doing geography instead.*

Thanks for the advice, I'll think about it :smile:
Most people put biomed or something similar as their 5th choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending