The Student Room Group

should I move back to my old school?

I'm starting year 10 in September and last half term I moved from my (good) state school to a private school an hour away. i moved schools because of friendship issue but now they are resolved (mostly), I really miss the place. my new school is just too quiet and awkward and I really want to move back. the thing is, my dad went there when he was a kid and a lot of his work colleagues' kids go there and I'm afraid he'll be disappointed if I say I want to leave. my sister is starting my old school in September, would it be weird if I moved back with her? I was originally going to go to my new school for sixth form, and would moving back now stop that from being a possibility (my old school doesn't do 6th). I really want to go back but what should I do?
You'll probably be more likely to get into the sixth form if you study at the school connected to it, however it won't be impossible by any stretch to get in if you go elsewhere. My suggestion would be to just stay where you are though if it's only for another two years. If you moved to a school so far away due to a 'friendship issue' it must've been a pretty bad one that couldn't be easily resolved. What if it happens again? You don't want to be moving around and faffing about with new schools during your GCSE years. By all means though, feel free to move back. Don't worry about people being disappointed. Your dad may be briefly upset at most that you don't get to share the school you both went to, or that time was wasted, but he'll get over it pretty quickly. It's not that big a deal.
Go with your gut feeling.
I would stay at the new school and try and make new friends. You wouldn't want to move back and have issues again plus it would be harder to move again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest